Edelbrock E-Force Results........

Reaction score
Well Here it is, Results from the E-Force as it ships from Edelbrock. This kit was installed as per the instructions, using their Diablo Handheld w/ their tune.
I know that there have been some concerns with their tune, This is the tuner from one of the very first kits (#10 to be exact). The tuner has not been updated either.
The tune is spot on. It does leave some power on the table, but it does exactly what it supposed to do.
I have included data that shows not only the dyno graph but the actual data log of the pull. A .csv of the pull can be had by request.

This pull was with the engine and supercharger at normal operating temps.

You will notice a few things, the first being that the a/f dips well into the 10's. This is done to help preserve the health of the engine. Obviously if this were leaned out a bit, power would take a significant spike. It could probably be leaned to the mid 11's safely. But for safety's sake Edelbrock chose to leave it a bit on the rich side.

The other thing that may be difficult to notice is that the trims in closed loop are very close to 1.0.. This is near perfect. If the MAF transfer function were off you would notice that the short term trims would be far from 1, in fact they toggle across 1 as they should. If the MAF were 15% or even 10% off it would show up in the trims while in closed loop.
Because our focus here is open loop, you can see we are netting almost exactly what we are commanding. This is obvious because we can see our short term trims (which is commanded lambda when in open loop) is equal or near equal to our netted AFR.

Overall the tune is good. Because it is rich it does leave a bit of power on the table (good for tuners) but for a canned tune I would say it performs well and as intended. It should also live a good long time.

I have logged many other s/c companies stuff. Like a 2006 Saleen S281. The Saleen tune would be considered hazardous in comparison. It would run a/f in the upper 12's and lean to 13.0 and run alot more spark then the log included here. This is mainly due to the lack of injector in the s281 cars (stock Mustang GT). They also ran similar boost levels as this log here.

With all the concerns that have been brought to my attention on both the E-force and the tune related to it, I wanted to see the results myself. I figured that I would share them with everyone who may have concerns.

I wanted to add, Peak Power was 399/379, These are obviously rwhp.

Attachments

• Edelbrock.jpg
    Edelbrock.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Datalog.jpg
    Datalog.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

bscottie

forum member
Reaction score
makes all of us s/c recliner quarterbacks wonder what is going on with the kit, was this tuned out on your mustang dyno? is there really a difference we would see over a dynojet?

N

navbtcret

Very nice Mike. Bill that was on Mike's Mustang dyno so you would see higher numbers on a dynojet.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What are the mods on this car? Is it built? Are those numbers SAE corrected? What was the psi and rpm at 399rhwp? Old eyes, having trouble reading the graph.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very informative. Strong numbers for the greedy machine.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
EDELBROCK FTW!!! I went Canabalistic on a 07 Saleen S281 car last night with my Edelbrock under the hood! The funny thing was after a 1/2 hr drive home and then messing around with this Saleen (where we got up to 120....a few times) when i got home i popped the hood and put my hand on the blower and it was barely luke warm. These Edelbrock units are very efficient for street use. That was the first time i really played on the streets like that and i expected it to be blazing hot, It was actually the opposite!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
makes all of us s/c recliner quarterbacks wonder what is going on with the kit, was this tuned out on your mustang dyno? is there really a difference we would see over a dynojet?

Get off the recliners and order your Edlebrocks, best street car blower kit going right now!!:beerchug2:

It operates at the coolest temperatures ive ever seen
It has a ceiling of well over 600 RWHP with a motor and fuel system that will handle it
It is not overly expensive
It has the most efficient blower case design out of any 2.3L unit
It uses TVS technology which give a huge torque and low end power curve, more so than a bigger blower spinning at a slower speed to make the same HP numbers.

Like i said its the best "street car" blower going right now, for the price, the power, and the reliability from a name who's been in the industry for over 70 years!! So reliable a 3yr/36 warranty is available!!

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
For those of us who took the early plunge, this is very encouraging news!

Mike, was this new install/results on a modded or stock motor and was it through the stock air box or a CAI??

Last edited:
Reaction score
What are the mods on this car? Is it built? Are those numbers SAE corrected? What was the psi and rpm at 399rhwp? Old eyes, having trouble reading the graph.

This is a 2200mi 08 all stock rotating assembly, heads and cams. They are SAE corrected, boost was about 7 psi at peak. Peak power occured at 6200.

Reaction score
For those of us who took the early plunge, this is very encouraging news!

Mike, was this new install/results on a modded or stock motor and was it through the stock air box or a CAI??

Again, stock 2200mi motor, This was a new install, started it Friday, didn't touch it Saturday and finished Sunday.
Kit installed as per Edelbrock instructions using their MAF and stock airbox modded as per their instructions.

Reaction score

It was on our Mustang Dyno, There was no custom tuning performed, just the supplied tune from Edelbrock.
The Mustang Dyne are usually a bit lower than a Dynojet, There is no exact math, sometimes the result can be closer to each other than the rest.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kind of weird how the boost creeps up about 2psi in the last 1500rpm or so.
Judging the graph I would say it is 399 @7.5psi. Which is, good? Considering I am running 450 @ 9.5psi with the Whipple.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Judging the graph I would say it is 399 @7.5psi. Which is, good? Considering I am running 450 @ 9.5psi with the Whipple.

Don't know if you saw in another thread - this Eaton-based supercharger is supposed to do that. The boost characteristics are similar to both a twin screw and a centri in some respects. Boost is broad band like a twin screw, but increases with rpm like a centri (just not as dramatically as a centri - and doesn't need to).

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Were you on a dynojet. My car has been strapped down to the Powerhouse Mustang Dyno (a.k.a. The Greedy Machine) many times. It always read lower on the MD than when I strapped my car down on a DJ.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
About that canned tune - that's what we need to get the 3/36 resumption of the ford factory warranty, right....

How would that work for a guy with longtube headers? The LTs need a tune tweak to keep the front O2 operation happy. Does Edelbrock accommodate that, or will they not allow a guy with longtubes to have a 3/36 warranty?

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know it is supposed to do that. But they shouldnt claim those hp levels at 6psi as advertised in the kit, because that peak horsepower is made at 7.5psi.

My car was dynoed on a Dynojet. It was also dynoed after a 450km drive.

05GT281

ole' legend lime
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know it is supposed to do that. But they shouldnt claim those hp levels at 6psi as advertised in the kit, because that peak horsepower is made at 7.5psi.

My car was dynoed on a Dynojet. It was also dynoed after a 450km drive.

6psi you mean 5psi. Is what they claim. All in all it is a great kit just like Jim said.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
6psi you mean 5psi. Is what they claim. All in all it is a great kit just like Jim said.

Ya I think its a good kit too, just saying that the kit shouldn't be labeled a "5psi kit" as it goes up to 7.5psi to get peak power.

If you were to change to a 10psi pulley would it spike up to 12.5psi?

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
The Edelbrock guy in another form said they're reporting the average psi over the boosted rpm band or something like that.

It would be just as unfair to report only the minimum or maximum number. Maybe they should have reported a range, "5-7psi".

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back