FRPP 3V supercharger shortblock build

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
well im gonna defer to sd (us-1) on it since hes rebuilding the heads for me. Although i can basically guarantee hes gonna agree with you.
More than a "few" were bent.

still dont have an answer for pickup distance....
1/4"-3/8" is fine.

How well do the FRPP heads flow compared to livernois and bbr? Interested to see this build when its done!
FRPP is the same as Livernois Stage 1. Livernois does the CNC work for FRPP.

PS. No longer doing comp blower cams. SD is working on some custom grinds.
:evillaugh:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
whoa sorry, missed all these posts. Yes, hes still got my heads. But we've been talking back and fourth. No cause for alarm.

I don't have FRPP heads so I cant tell you how they flow compared to anybody Else's. I don't think I'm getting flow numbers either, so I don't think i can do anything but let Dyno and ET numbers speak for themselves.

Once i finally get these heads back ill be regularly posting updates again.

PS. No longer doing comp blower cams. SD is working on some custom grinds.
Kevin,

I was going to mention something to you but I looked at your Post on different Threads and I see you already are aware of the different things going on.
I as many here I think will be looking forward to further up-dates on your build.
And in this case I am also going to add this.
Good-Luck and I hope all goes well with the people you are working with on this Project.
I bet it will be Killer once it is completed.

tigerhonaker

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
and this is exactly why i wasnt bringing up who was doing my heads....but then i accidentaly said it.

either way, i would really appreciate not hearing everyones $.02 on that topic. (though I do appreciate the well wishes Tiger) This is gonna be gearhead corner, not 90210.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice project you have going on !!!

and this is exactly why i wasn't bringing up who was doing my heads....but then i accidentally said it.

either way, i would really appreciate not hearing everyones $.02 on that topic. (though I do appreciate the well wishes Tiger) This is gonna be gearhead corner, not 90210.
There was No-Smart-Ass comments on my Post at all.
I meant exactly what I said in it.
Look forward to Seeing & Reading your Post as things are completed.
And truthfully I don't care & it is none of my business whom you use for your work.
As long as you are satisified that is really all that counts IMHO.
The only reason I asked about an up-date was it just looked like all Post from you had just Suddenly Stopped.
Sometimes people get in the middle of a project have personal things in their Life come up and Mods get put on hold.
Many of my Friends have Sold their Mustangs because of the economy.

Regards,
Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

Last edited:

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
no no....your absolutley right tiger. i think i chose my words a little wrong. but the point was not to let it go there before others come in here and make it so.

i do appreciate what you said. none of that was aimed at you. sorry for the confusion.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no no....your absolutley right tiger. i think i chose my words a little wrong. but the point was not to let it go there before others come in here and make it so.

i do appreciate what you said. none of that was aimed at you. sorry for the confusion.
Kevin,

Hey Buddy we are good to go.
beer.gif

Yes I know exactly where you are coming from.
Hopefully all will be just fine with the Posting here on your Thread.
I see no reason for it not to go Smooth ............

:thumb:
tigerhonaker

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I went back and checked to make sure. We have a total of 6 bent valves and one oddly damaged valve guide. Keeper grooves looked a bit worn on the "good" valves.

How 'bout we just put all new Ford valves in these suckers, m'kay? Yeeeaahhhh....so we'll just go ahead and get that taken care of for you. That'd be great. And I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo.....thanks. :roflmao:

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
Haha, these heads are gonna be so good im gonna show em my OH face.

Sounds great. Im all for doing this once and doing it perfect. BTW how on earth did I bend all those valves? Only one con rod broke. The others looked perfect. I guess maybe when one bank got bashed maybe it caused the other banks to interfere? Also only 1 piston was knicked up.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
Hey, so look what came!

Thank you Steve Poe. For what its worth to anyone else looking, this is my second transaction with Steve. Hes an excellent seller and a VERY knowledgable guy. The work on the axle is superb.

What is in it?

Its a new takeoff 8.8
LPR Rear cover/girdle
Those support bars are UPR I think
FRPP 3.73's
Auburn ECTED diff
Welded axle tubes

This thing should be able to take a bullet or 2.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 107
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 105
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 103

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, so look what came!

Thank you Steve Poe. For what its worth to anyone else looking, this is my second transaction with Steve. Hes an excellent seller and a VERY knowledgable guy. The work on the axle is superb.

What is in it?

Its a new takeoff 8.8
LPR Rear cover/girdle
FRPP 3.73's
Auburn ECTED diff
Welded axle tubes

Kevin,

Man things are looking good Buddy.
beer.gif

tigerhonaker

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
:partysmilie:

Looking good. When's she doing to be together? I'm hoping to have my car ready and "LEGAL" by the ford vs buick event at Atco on March 27th.

Hopefully the roll bar will be shipped out next week so I can install it the week before the event. Got to do the rear battery shut-off, replace the crappy header gaskets I used since I didn't want to wait for better ones, some plumbing to get the passenger side valve cover plumbed into my oil breather can and a few other odds and ends.

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I thought you were going to say you got you heads back. Rear end looks good though.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Hey, so look what came!

What is in it?

Its a new takeoff 8.8
LPR Rear cover/girdle
FRPP 3.73's
Auburn ECTED diff
Welded axle tubes

Nice...Steve Poe is a good guy to do business with. I have one of his longblock in my car now. Guy builds these cars from bare shells.....You should see his garage. :beerdrink:

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
dysan - lmfao on the smiley! thats what i was lookin for! haha. So yea i still have no eta on the heads, so i definitley have no idea when the cars gonna be done. He did mention that the heads were back from CNC, and that he was away on business at the moment. So that equates to basically nothing other than "keep waiting."

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
so i managed to get the bump stops, vent, backing plates and spring mount isolators off a 7.5 rear i just happened to have lying around so the axles all ready to go in now except for hte upper bushing.

I had to decide how i was gonna get it out and ultimatley had great success with a hole saw and some wd-40 (and 2 drill batteries cuz all the resistance really rips through the juice). I just have to run to harbor freight to get a little wire wheel for my grinder and ill get the residual rubber out of there. So yay, no burning. I wasnt looking forward to that.

I also want to get an aftermarket uca mount in there now. Does anyone have any preference of one over the other? I see that JPC lists the metco for a few bucks less than the BMR...

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to go with CHE after installing their LCA relo brackets. Those things are beefy as hell so I'm guessing their UCA mount will be similar.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back