Godzilla Swap

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by Dino Dino Bambino, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Just found these videos uploaded in YouTube. Enjoy:

Am Speed likes this.
  2. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

Friend sent me these, this guy is getting stuff done. Excited to see this car hit the ground.

3. Juice

Juice forum member

Just think of the potential of a Godzilla built on current tech, not old ass pushrod tech.

4. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

The Godzilla tech is as current as it gets. Push rod engines flat out work and get the job done cheap. One is not necessarily better than the other.

Hand-filer likes this.
  5. Dino Dino Bambino

The Godzilla engine is much more compact than the Coyote so it'll fit into narrower engine bays e.g. those of classic Mustangs, has one camshaft/phaser instead of four, and less moving parts, making it cheaper to manufacture.
    Watch the price of Coyote engines drop like a stone as the Godzilla becomes the new swap favorite. It's success is guaranteed with Ford Performance already selling crate engines and control packs.

6. Juice

Juice forum member

We already have the LS if you want a small package!

I still have a few pushrod engines around, but I embraced the OHC design. That also has been around for a long time.

7. tjm73

But I want a Ford push rod V8 to litter the salvage yards, that's roughly the size of a 351W, that has a forged crank and that displaces roughly 445 cubic inches. Also, I don't want an LS.

8. Dino Dino Bambino

9. tjm73

Coyote who?

The 7.3 will become the standard for Ford performance. There goes Tokyo.

10. Dino Dino Bambino

There are already performance parts for the Godzilla. This one made 133hp above baseline with heads, cam, intake manifold.

641hp/550lbft STD
    508hp/515lbft STD Baseline

Baseline = Stock engine, no front accessories (EWP), open throttle body (no air cleaner), optimized tune 93 octane, dyno headers, STD correction (4% higher than SAE).

11. Juice

Juice forum member

Hmm the 5.2 Voodoo is rated higher stock for stock.
    526 hp vs 508 hp....
    Im sure a coyote can make 600+ n/a hp with the right mods.
    So whats the big deal again with 'zilla?

12. tjm73

Then you can run the 5.2 and enjoy it. Lots of other would rather have the 7.3 gasser.

13. Dino Dino Bambino

With a much bigger displacement, the Godzilla has the potential to make a lot more torque than the Coyote & Voodoo. It can also make more HP and require much less rpm to do so.
    When you consider the Godzilla's more compact dimensions, it becomes an easier swap than the Coyote into older Mustangs that originally came with a pushrod V8.

14. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

How heavy is the zilla..vs coyote ? Does the zilla use an aluminum block ?

15. tjm73

The 7.3 is an iron block engine. I forget the weight I read. I think it's around 550-570 lbs.

The leading rumor is a 6.8 version is pending for use in the F150 and some version, maybe all of the Mustang(s). In both, the case for using an aluminum block is strong.

16. ford20

ford20 forum member

I made 609HP with my All Motor Coyote, I could probably buy close to 3 Godzilla Motors for the amount of money it took to make that much HP if HP was your only concern.

17. jaa55

jaa55 forum member

This is my friends swap, used to be my dads truck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.