Header Question

grywll42

forum member
Reaction score
Found a set of Mac Headers for sale on craigslist along with an H-pipe, he wants 300 bucks, they are new but have been sitting around for 2 years and have slight surface rust on them, question is I've never heard of Mac's and is that a good price? I don't want to buy cheapo headers

redfiresixer

forum member
Reaction score
As far as i know mac's headers are some of the best on the market to get. I know there is a comparison somewhere on the net about this, but on my phone and cant look it up right now. Google "longtube header comparison 3v" and you should be able to find it. For 300 that seems a little steep for the condition, considering you can get them for $370 or so new. With the h-pipe it may be an ok deal. As far as rust, get them jet hot coated and they'll be perfect and keep heat flowing better.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
I would def. pull the trigger for ~250! If I wouldn't have found the deal of a century on the OBXs I would have went with mac.

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
Macs are good. I was thinking about buying a se of LT's as well. Not the most expensive on the market but I've heard good things about them. Not a bad price.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
This maybe a noob question but if you unrestricted the exhaust, boost drops, would you not need to then up the boost back to the original numbers?

Nope, you wouldn't. Boost isn't a direct measure of power. "Boost" is simply a term to describe the restrictive pressure at the manifold. The freer-flowing exhaust helps mitigate the scavenging effect, thus allowing the air in the manifold a place to go. Thus, a lower boost reading. Ideally, it's best to make the most power you can on the fewest pounds of boost possible.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back