Holy CRAP!

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
true enough.. it really doesnt matter how good a tuner is if you cant get ahold of him in a timely manner when you need him ..

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Given his reputation I would love to try one of his tunes, but, having such little modification to my car I am skeptical that his tune would really provide me much more than what other highly regarded tuners (Bama, BBR etc) are putting out. I would love to see a back to back email tune shoot out on the same car.
I doubt you would gain anything with simple NA mods.
The top email tuners have pretty much gotten to the tippy top of the 3v as far as bolt on performance. :beerdrink:
Although it may have the placebo effect we all get when we dropped some coin on anything we put on our cars.
You know the feeling, "OMG JUST PUT PEDALS IN OMG THE COMFORT OMG!!"

Last edited:

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
I doubt you would gain anything with simple NA mods.
The top email tuners have pretty much gotten to the tippy top of the 3v as far as bolt on performance. :beerdrink:
Although it may have the placebo effect we all get when we dropped some coin on anything we put on our cars.
You know the feeling, "OMG JUST PUT PEDALS IN OMG THE COMFORT OMG!!"

That's what my thinking is as well. Unfortunately, he is a little steep on his price for me to just give it shot. 60-80 bucks? no problem, 200 bucks? thats more of an investment and I'm not willing to drop that cash on the hope I will see some gains. I have other bolt-ons that need my attention. :cheers:

2010GT

forum member
Reaction score
For me, the cammed tune option would be enough for me to drop 200 on a tune. Even though it is a fake cam, there is nothing that sounds better than a cammed car setting at a stop light idling.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
For me, the cammed tune option would be enough for me to drop 200 on a tune. Even though it is a fake cam, there is nothing that sounds better than a cammed car setting at a stop light idling.

I'm about to open Pandora's box here.

Explain how it is fake exactly? The car has 4 physical cam shafts. For the car to "sound cammed" it must mechanically create overlap with the valves. Jon Lund isn't installing little stereos on our tail pipes that ommit a cam sound from the rear of the car. I have the tune, my car shakes like a cammed car. So it must be getting instruction to create overlap.

Technology is a wonderful thing. Just because we didn't grind on a piece of metal to the point where overlap is built into the physical cam, does not mean electronic instruction should be disregarded.

A lot of folks have stated the 5.0's stock cams are more aggressive than most 4.6 aftermarket cams.

2010GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well you are not gaining any performance from the cammed tune. It goes back to stock settings right off of idle. With after market cams the lobe seperation is built into the cams. The Lund tune uses the TI-VCT to give it a loppy idle and that it. Hense the fake cams.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Well you are not gaining any performance from the cammed tune. It goes back to stock settings right off of idle.

Theres a lot of aftermarket cams that do little or nothing for performance as well.

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
I've never seen any such cams, post proof of your claim. I believe it's a ricer type mentality that likes the cammed tune, making it sound like it has something it doesn't have. It mimics the sound of what people associate a built dragers ounds like, while being unnecessary and adding no performance.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I've never seen any such cams, post proof of your claim. I believe it's a ricer type mentality that likes the cammed tune, making it sound like it has something it doesn't have. It mimics the sound of what people associate a built dragers ounds like, while being unnecessary and adding no performance.

Explain to me what the tune is doing to add the sound?

It's mechanically creating overlap at a certain rpm range. If the cams are physically capable of creating a chopey idle at overlap, who is to say that Ford altered them from the factory to remove overlap?

I can tell you why they would... gas mileage sucks idling around with the cam tune lol

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
the tune creates the sound by modifying the cam positioning at idle and doesn't help performance, only hurts fuel economy, therefore useless, wasteful mod that is ricer, making people think you have something you dont have. Next you'll be putting cobra badges on it because it looks cool.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
the tune creates the sound by modifying the cam positioning at idle and doesn't help performance, only hurts fuel economy, therefore useless, wasteful mod that is ricer, making people think you have something you dont have. Next you'll be putting cobra badges on it because it looks cool.

I do have a GT500 spoiler... should I start hanging out with the Honda boys?

You do understand the cam tune also has the performance tune built into it right?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score

wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

If the cams had no physical capability to have overlap and this was only something that replicated a sound through some speakers or something, I'd agree with you. However, these cams DO have a very large lobe grind that allows for better torque management and horsepower. Just because the tune brings out what is naturally there does NOT make it ricer. You can put in larger cams and the new Coyote engine STILL won't lope. Unless you tune it in there. So where, exactly, is this ricer? Will the Mustang 5.0L back that sound up? It sure as fuck will. When I'm sitting there idling with my nice lopey sound and some guy with a lopey sounding 1985 camaro Z28 pulls up next to me, and I then unceremoniously smoke that ass, there's no bite to back up the bark? Please, grow the fuck up. There's nothing "ricer" about it. How my car looks and sounds is backed up by it's performance. Something a "ricer" cannot claim.

Don't you DARE put an aftermarket axle-back or louder mufflers on your car. Then YOU are a ricer by your definition. Jackass.

I don't understand why anyone would give a flying fuck what someone else did with their money. GTFO.

Exactly.

Last edited:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
You fucking DA correcting is "ricer" Yea, we all know about that....
I do have a GT500 spoiler... should I start hanging out with the Honda boys?
:roflmao:
Sub'd with a bucket of popcorn.
Here ya go :popcorneat:
I don't understand why anyone would give a flying fuck what someone else did with their money. GTFO.

Because we have people who have to come in with their stupidity. :beer::popcorneat:
^ Both well said.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back