Hypermotive tuning

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I honestly feel like I owe it to you guys as I've received the largest amount of support from MM, S197, Anything Coyote and a few other Facebook pages.

I'm sure all of you have read all the comments about the ongoing drama, for this I sincerely apologize. I truly come to you guys humble and terribly sorry. Drama is something I typically try to avoid.

This has been a huge learning experience for me, to those that have supported me, I can't thank you enough. Its been a pretty crazy week, one that I thought would never end.

As some of you know, I was finally able to have a conversation with Shaun at AED. I was not going to make any decisions at all until I was able to speak with the other party. I once jumped the gun and let go of a guy working for Hypermotive, cost me our friendship.
Shaun laid out some interesting facts and I will admit, he apologized to me more than once over the phone. Whether those facts are true or not the common issue is that some tunes or configurations of tunes were copied.

So with the current issues and events we at Hypermotive will no longer be providing tunes, I will do everything within my power to support those who are currently tuned thru us. Mike will no longer be tuning Mustangs for us anymore.

I've received a lot of questions about why I didn't name my tuner and I sincerely apologize for those who thought I was trying to hide anything. First I will say that Mike only had a one year non compete so this wasn't the case of me not naming our contracted tuner. The main reason I didn't name our tuner is for one primary reason, I wanted Hypermotive to be known as a place you could go and get everything taken care of. With our shop opening up I wanted to a "one stop shop" and I completely looked up to those other successful business' that are able to perform all these services.

I understand I've made mistakes in the past, 2 years ago I sold parts on SVTP behind the backs of other paying vendors and the admin on the site. I let go of a friend from Hypermotive, prematurely. I copied the name of my Supercharger package after Beefcake (I mean, its a damn good idea) and when I first started I undercut a lot of vendors. I've learned from these mistakes, I'm not perfect but I don't think that's an excuse and for that, I apologize.

While I was waiting to talk to Shaun I noticed a lot of things. First I noticed those who have always supported me quickly turn their backs but most importantly I noticed those who have continued to show their unconditional support. I noticed business jumping to every chance
they could get to take a stab at me. Just a few weeks ago I talked to those same vendors about how we should work together a little more, to those shops that showed me their support, I can't thank you enough.

I again wanted to apologize to everyone, including Shaun at AED. I am so sorry about the whole situation, I wish this drama would have never happened. I know I can't make up for what happened, in the end I am responsible for what happens at Hypermotive and I will never place the blame on anyone else. Thanks everyone for listening and thanks again for the support.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been a very strenuous time for you Jay. Good luck to you.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
pretty big of you man, hard for a man to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong. kudos to you

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I think you are going in the right direction. I think Mike was dishonest with you and I can tell you from the perspective of a former business owner, you want to take someone's word....sometimes it bites you in the but. Don't beat yourself up because vendors have screwed up before and they will screw up in the future. One thing that really urked me in your apology was apologizing for undercutting. The very ones that accused you of undercutting are the same hypocrits who have done it countless times before. Now that you have a brick and mortar place, you will quickly realize that it may take a little more money to keep the lights on and you will see the vultures who are just click and mortar stealing your lunch with pricing.
Personally I think you are going in the right direction and it was just sad that this couldn't have just taken place between u and Shaun....then you could of agreed to apologize to the public on your terms instead of being held over the fire.

Just my 2 cents of shit. :hi:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not 100% sure on the whole situation, but it takes swallowing some pride to make a post like that.

We all make mistakes, and occasionally get involved in things that come to bite us in the ass....but at the end of the day, it is realizing - handling it, and moving forward that matters.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just like I posted in the other thread, Jason has way more character than most people can dream of having.

Jason, you will continue to have my support and business.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I remember Mike Wilsons first big 3v build and tune. It was mine at Lonestar Performance in Garland TX. I spent 18k at a shop that supplied the motor and tuned the car and handed me a new motor with burnt pistons in it and torque converter bolts loose and rattling. He was trying to make 20 psi pulls on a stock fuel pump with a bap. Don't know why the car is falling on its face at 5400 rpms! LOL Even then he was having his buddies at SCT open locked files to try and help him. I had to buy my 5r55s trans file from JDM and he had his buddy open it to see what they had done.

Don't forget to call me tomorrow Jason.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Jason posted this on MM earlier this morning. I guess he forgot to post it here.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014/477449-hypermotive-tuning-3.html#post9157738
I'll be working with Justin over at VMP, he offered a great deal of advice and guidance for me last night when he didn't have to.

Shaun will still Honor the 151 price for customers who have a tune by us.

We won't leave you guys hanging. I'm honestly just trying to find the best course of action. If you guys have any questions at all just shoot me an email.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian thats laughable.

jay3.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Just trying to post the facts. I'm keeping up with this since Justin is a friend of mine.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I already talked to Justin about that comment I made Jew. I've told him over the phone that I was disappointed in the past, to Justin that comment wasn't new. We had a lengthy conversation over all this yesterday.

I'm not saying I'll be using Justin full time after all this but he is willing to help out the current customers, it's something I need to look into.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Haha I can't tell if she is stupid or did this as a joke.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Oh yea, forgot to add that my transaction with Jason went nice and smooth today with good communication thus far. :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back