Incoming stupid question, CAI/Tuner

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Just a thought, if you can't get your stuff right before your 800 mile trip, why not rent a car? That would be cheaper (not to mention peace of mind) than risking breaking something in your Stang.

I'm only 23. I can't rent a car yet without paying out the nose for it. I'd rather buy a new tuner than do that. At least I would be able to make some of my money back on the old one. I'll have it back Monday though. I overnighted it to SCT, they'll get it tomorrow, fix it tomorrow, 2 day it back to me tomorrow.

Just for giggles I looked and it would cost me $200 to rent a Chevy spark for 4 days lol.

Last edited:

3vstang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm only 23. I can't rent a car yet without paying out the nose for it. I'd rather buy a new tuner than do that. At least I would be able to make some of my money back on the old one. I'll have it back Monday though. I overnighted it to SCT, they'll get it tomorrow, fix it tomorrow, 2 day it back to me tomorrow.

Just for giggles I looked and it would cost me $200 to rent a Chevy spark for 4 days lol.

Stay on top of SCT, I sent my tuner into them to have it unlocked, they had it for about a week, told me it was complete and then sent it back, only for me to discover they never unlocked it in the first place. I had to mail it back again. SCT covered shipping the return shipping and did a one day turn around, but it was still a pain in the ass.

Point is, just make sure they unlock it the first time so you are not stranded the day before your trip. Good Luck.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

Dang, my lawnmower is older than you are! LOL Good luck getting your stuff straight.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

If you really need a rental. Rent a Uhaul F-150. $20/day + mileage + insurance. You can do this over 18. And it is hilarious that a 18-year old can rent a 26-ft truck but not a rental car.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If you really need a rental. Rent a Uhaul F-150. $20/day + mileage + insurance. You can do this over 18. And it is hilarious that a 18-year old can rent a 26-ft truck but not a rental car.

+ .59 a mile. Bill comes out to $472 for mileage, plus the rental fees lol.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Tuner touched down in FL today. SCT said if they are able to unlock it before their pick up time today, I should have it tomorrow. I certainly hope thats the case, I've been dying to really try out these new gears.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Sign up for USAA they give travel discounts to anybody. You can rent from hertz with no underage fee when you're 18+

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Sign up for USAA they give travel discounts to anybody. You can rent from hertz with no underage fee when you're 18+

Not necessary! SCT shipped out today, should have it tomorrow!!

:partysmilie:

While I'm not too thrilled that I have to pay SCT so I can use my own damn device again, I will say their customer service has been awesome. Each of their agents was extremely courteous and answered my questions quickly. Their turn around time was lightning fast too. I paid for rush service. They got the device at 2:00 and it was out the door and shipped at 4:15, overnight shipping. Well worth the additional $35. So it went from being maybe sometime next week at the earliest, to Tuesday, to Monday, then Friday.

Last edited:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Saga over, tuner rec'd unlocked and ready to roll. I'm going to beat this car like owes me money after work.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I really wish I had installed these gears sooner. The only thing I'm a little bummed about is a vibe at 80 MPH+. My installed said that he noticed my carrier bearing for the DS was a little out of whack, so once I get my new DS installed and the pinion angle set, hopefully it will get rid of that vibe. Not that it really matters, 80 MPH is a gas hog now lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back