Kentucky BS thread

Synister500

Reaction score
Yeah I have heard alot about it, but my old 2010 and Jlear's 2011 both done fine for me at the track, it must be hit and miss on them I guess.

We were lucky with ours Jason lol

They all seem to have that problem and there's a million different "so called" fixes for it but pretty much none really work from what I can tell. I have heard of people changing the tranny fluid, changing the clutch lines, changing shifter, tourque limiters, and the list goes on and on. It is my understanding that there is only one cure and that's a different transmission lol.

You are not driving it hard/fast enough lol.

Jason all of those are a patch to the problem. They help but don't fix it. The vette and viper guys have the same issues lol.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
:yeah:
You are not driving it hard/fast enough lol.

Jason all of those are a patch to the problem. They help but don't fix it. The vette and viper guys have the same issues lol.

For me being the guy that admittedly is not a good driver, I'm only looking for the best possible et in the least amount of passes so I asked BJ to give it a shot and he has not disappointed. He's as good as it gets when it comes to banging gears in a ford! :beer:

How much more are you doing to yours before you take it to the track?

Synister500

Reaction score
:yeah:

For me being the guy that admittedly is not a good driver, I'm only looking for the best possible et in the least amount of passes so I asked BJ to give it a shot and he has not disappointed. He's as good as it gets when it comes to banging gears in a ford! :beer:

How much more are you doing to yours before you take it to the track?
Race tune and my mickey thompsons. 305/35/R20 drag radials.

Synister500

Reaction score
Sweet, not much longer then. You going to run 20" drag radials at the track?

Of course. It's a street car lol. Ill be running slicks or 15" drag radials for gt500 shoot out. I will break 9.99 or I'll throw a 100 shot at it ha.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I thought The tr6060 had a shifter built into the trans, not a remote shifter

I'm not sure, but I found this on Google. Looks very similar to the garbage remote shift linkage the MT82 has.

tremec-tr6060shifter.jpg

Synister500

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I found this on Google. Looks very similar to the garbage remote shift linkage the MT82 has.

tremec-tr6060shifter.jpg

That is correct. It is a remote shifter on the GT500. The shifter is mounted to the car with arms going to trans with very soft bushings in them.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Kyle and I installed the MGW shifter today in my car. I am very happy with it the little bit I drove today. The shift is more "mechanical" feeling. There is no doubt when you are in gear. 2nd to 3rd shifts feel 100% better. We installed the "race" bushing. I cannot tell any change in noise levels. But I drove with windows down and do not care much if it louder. Overall I am happy with it. We will see if this happiness transfers to the strip in a few weeks. Now I gotta try and talk Kyle into helping with the WOT box install. That scares me.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Kyle and I installed the MGW shifter today in my car. I am very happy with it the little bit I drove today. The shift is more "mechanical" feeling. There is no doubt when you are in gear. 2nd to 3rd shifts feel 100% better. We installed the "race" bushing. I cannot tell any change in noise levels. But I drove with windows down and do not care much if it louder. Overall I am happy with it. We will see if this happiness transfers to the strip in a few weeks. Now I gotta try and talk Kyle into helping with the WOT box install. That scares me.

How long did it take to install the shifter?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
We will get that wot box in soon Scott. Ask Sam about his lol.

Jason. Took about 2 to 2.5 hours to do. It was a whole lot easier with two people at certain times. But not bad of an install.

mustangcrazybj

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody know a Mark Brooks from Horse Cave, Ky. He bought my Shelby from Paul Miller last night and I was curious if he is a car guy. He and I have been texting back and forth since he bought the car yesterday

Synister500

Reaction score
Anybody know a Mark Brooks from Horse Cave, Ky. He bought my Shelby from Paul Miller last night and I was curious if he is a car guy. He and I have been texting back and forth since he bought the car yesterday

Yep, he's a pretty cool guy. He's on our local forum as well.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score

Is he a state trooper? I live about 10 minutes from him if it's the same guy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back