Lassiter Mtn. this Saturday.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Calling all Alabamians! Going to Lassiter this weekend for the first time with the turbo. Would be fun to have a S197 crew there. The last few times I have been there has only been 2 other S197s there. One is a 11+ Roush supercharged and the other is a bolt on 3v. Lets get a group together so we can represent the late model mustangs!

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
What time and day will you be cruising that way? I will try and meet up with you. LOL. I will not be running though:)

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Not sure of my plans this weekend, I might be able to get away for a little bit. But I will not be running either, I am in desperate need of rear tires.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Never been there, but this may be a possibilty for me. I checked the website, and it's not that informative. Can someone tell me exactly where the dragstrip is and how to get there? If the wife doesn't have anything going this weekend, we may drive down there from Huntsville.

And Larry, didn't I buy your Racestars from you? We met in Cullman. I had the white GT/CS Vert.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Never been there, but this may be a possibilty for me. I checked the website, and it's not that informative. Can someone tell me exactly where the dragstrip is and how to get there? If the wife doesn't have anything going this weekend, we may drive down there from Huntsville.

And Larry, didn't I buy your Racestars from you? We met in Cullman. I had the white GT/CS Vert.

Yea you bought my racestars. Exit 264 off 65 turn toward the Flying J. Turn right onto Coalburg Rd. It is about 5-8 miles to the track turn in. The track is on the left in a long curve. There is a sign but you can't see the track from the turn in. If anyone wants to meet up or needs help PM me and I'll give you my number.

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm going. We need to meet up somewhere and cruise there, because I have never been either.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Well I know that TGR lives in Huntsville so either of us would have to drive past the exit to meet up. We could meet at the Flying J. I know I've asked you before Doug but where is it you live again?

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
15 miles east of B.ham. ext 144. I will have to come downtown from the I20- I59 junction, to I65 North.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Ok well then it would really only make sense to meet at the Flying J for all 3 of us then. Not sure on 1qikpny. Unless you guys wanted to grab a bite to eat before going or something.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I'm fine with what ever, just let me know. This is your place:)
I don't know exactly where Flying J's is..lol

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
It is right off the exit 264 on 65. If yall are down to eat there are a few places to eat at the next exit down.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
There is Logan's steakhouse, Outback and Stix at exit 267(Walkers Chapel Road). How about we meet at one of those places at say 3:30 and get a early dinner and then head to the track?

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Sounds good. If anybody else chimes in, just make a final decision, and we will be set..

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Aight, Logan's at 3:30 sound good? It is off exit 267(Walker's Chapel Road) on 65.
Ok. I will be coming North. when I get off the exit, Can you see logans?, or do you have to go a different direction off the Interstate? It's been a long time sisnce I have been that far down. I used to do alot of work off that exit, but Like I said, It's been a while.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Doug, Larry, I am still not sure if I will be able to make it tomorrow. I forgot to mention it to the wife last night. I don't think that we've got anything going on, but not 100% sure. I know she wanted to get some stuff done around the house, but maybe we can get that done in the morning and head out tomorrow afternoon.

I will try to post tomorrow yes or no.

How long does it take to get to the drag strip from Logan's at Walker's Chapel Rd?

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. I will be coming North. when I get off the exit, Can you see logans?, or do you have to go a different direction off the Interstate? It's been a long time sisnce I have been that far down. I used to do alot of work off that exit, but Like I said, It's been a while.

Going North, headed toward Huntsville, you will want to go right off the interstate. Logan's is in the strip mall parking lot so it is not hard to find.

Doug, Larry, I am still not sure if I will be able to make it tomorrow. I forgot to mention it to the wife last night. I don't think that we've got anything going on, but not 100% sure. I know she wanted to get some stuff done around the house, but maybe we can get that done in the morning and head out tomorrow afternoon.

I will try to post tomorrow yes or no.

How long does it take to get to the drag strip from Logan's at Walker's Chapel Rd?
No problem. Maybe 10-15 minutes from there.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Hey, if I am able to make it out, I am assuming that you'll be driving the Stangs especially you Larry, since you're racing). I know that Dougs car is a white Roush, but not sure what your car looks like Larry. I just want to be on the lookout.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back