Mickey Thompson's (New-Street-Comp) UHP tire tested Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder how much these tires factored in to the demise of Brian's car. We'll never really know.
Link?
My hankook V12's are absolutely brutal in cooler temperatures.
I have the older R-S3s, which were superseded by the V12s. They're great in the dry, very good in the wet, but yes - terrible in the cold. Fortunately I don't have to drive it every day anymore so I don't have to deal with that. But if cold weather was an issue I would choose a different tire. Otherwise I love them.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I wonder how much these tires factored in to the demise of Brian's car. We'll never really know.

My hankook V12's are absolutely brutal in cooler temperatures.

The tires were a huge factor. I discussed it in my build thread as well as the tire thread I linked above.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Fwiw I love my 295/30-20 mpss on the rear. Had conti DWS all season before that and they weren't bad at all for an all season. Still have the rears for sale with about 60% tread, 285/30-20

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I have 275/35/20 all around. These tires are pretty narrow for the size they claim. Looks like 255 more than 275s.

I've had the MT street comps and now the Cooper RS-3S exact same tire. They are bit on the noisy side. Not sure if it's just coincidence but they get punctured really easily (nails on both tires) and they turn brown really easily.

I drove them during the colder months and surprisingly good for summer tires. Of course I babied it everywhere but never hit traction control.

Hmm, I don't think mine are that noisy, but yes the Cooper's are known for browning and of course I have them on both cars haha

Just about all high performance summer tires are brutal in cold as they are not meant for it and really should be avoided, its like driving on ice

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
My NT450's are terrible in wet weather. I can understand the hatred for poor performing cold/wet weather tires.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back