My long awaited build... (I don't think 56k exist anymore) So lots of pics...

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Did you actually put much thought into that post? . . . what caused the cat to fail?

Let me rephrase in more simple terms: perhaps the AF was so rich it caused the cat to be saturated with fuel. The fuel ignited in the cat which may cause signs of flames out the tail pipe. The igniting fuel within the cat caused the internals to fail thereby the causing the cat to clog. This would be one of the most common reasons for the cat to fail. Flames at the tail pipe would be a good sign that fuel inside the cat had ignited. The cause would then be too rich an AF ratio.

OP, great job of the build. This is the meaning of "it never stops!"

Last edited:

Boozshey

Reaction score
Yes, 4.6l iron block with forged internals. I worked out a deal with him and will be expecting it in a few weeks. Been busy at work and haven't had any spare time to tear the old block apart yet. However we did manage to pull it and found cracks on both sides of the block.

BullittWow

mod-crazy-fool
Reaction score
Looks good. But you forgot about these...

demotivational_poster_forged_intern.jpg

Those will come when this thing blows up.

Wow......you knew all along, didn't you? :thumb:

Boozshey

Reaction score
More info...

So after further investigation it appears it was most likely both cats that failed. The driver side CAT was tested today for flow. There was absolutely NONE!!! Which led to the death of the driver side. After more looking we discovered 2 other drivers side piston rods which were bent also. Also with the drivers side CAT coming unraveled we believe that the passenger side was clogged as well but the CAT failed before the passenger side rods did.

Kooks excuse was to RICH of a tune. My tuner called BS on the theory due to Fords own FCM Strategy which if the CATs are detected to be to hot will actually make more fuel to help cool the cat. That strategy is even talked about in the latest Ford Catalog.

Just thought I'd share...

Boozshey

Reaction score
Kooks gave me the run around... Send invoice, send in pipes, they will look it over and make a decision, but only for new cats. Warranty doesn't cover broke parts cause by their failure.

But when I talked with they it seemed like he had already made up his mind about not being their fault...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After this, even if they gave me a set I wouldn't put them on my car.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Oh no, I wouldn't and WON'T!!!

I asked them if they were determine it to be the CATS fault if they would just give me straight pipes instead. They said "NO!!" WTF!!! BASTARDS!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back