Oh no! Pulley failure attn: Motoblue & rpm outlet

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
so yesterday on my way to work, all of a sudden, my power steering failed. i looked at the gauge cluster and realized that the car was overheating as well. i pulled the car off the road and after a few minutes of letting it cool off, i opened the hood. there was coolant everywhere. to my surprise, the radiator was not cracked, the hoses were not leaking, and the serpentine belt was in pristine order. i filled the coolant reservoir with water and turned the car on. there was a weird sound coming from the pulleys. it seemed that they were not turning properly. i took off the belt and started to turn the pulleys to find the problem. they all seemed to spin properly until i got to the crank pulley. it wiggled and spun freely (even after putting the car in 4th gear). i didnt think that this was good, so i took of the intake to get a better look. what i realized, was that the outer layer of the crank pulley had separated and was spinning, while the inner layer (bolted to the crank) was not. to make matters worse, rpm outlet is giving me a timeframe of weeks to even find the purchase, and then already telling me that they might not be able to replace it. motoblue, conveniently does not have their number listed on the internet at all. furthermore, their e-mail address does not work.

thanks motoblue & rpm outlet for a great experience

p.s. i had heard bad things on the forums about rpm outlet, but until now i have continued to do business with them because i've always HAD a positive experience.

acervas1

forum member
Reaction score
so yesterday on my way to work, all of a sudden, my power steering failed. i looked at the gauge cluster and realized that the car was overheating as well. i pulled the car off the road and after a few minutes of letting it cool off, i opened the hood. there was coolant everywhere. to my surprise, the radiator was not cracked, the hoses were not leaking, and the serpentine belt was in pristine order. i filled the coolant reservoir with water and turned the car on. there was a weird sound coming from the pulleys. it seemed that they were not turning properly. i took off the belt and started to turn the pulleys to find the problem. they all seemed to spin properly until i got to the crank pulley. it wiggled and spun freely (even after putting the car in 4th gear). i didnt think that this was good, so i took of the intake to get a better look. what i realized, was that the outer layer of the crank pulley had separated and was spinning, while the inner layer (bolted to the crank) was not. to make matters worse, rpm outlet is giving me a timeframe of weeks to even find the purchase, and then already telling me that they might not be able to replace it. motoblue, conveniently does not have their number listed on the internet at all. furthermore, their e-mail address does not work.

thanks motoblue & rpm outlet for a great experience

p.s. i had heard bad things on the forums about rpm outlet, but until now i have continued to do business with them because i've always HAD a positive experience.

That blows man - sorry to hear about that - RPM outlet is gonna really kill their poor rep as more people read this thread

DGK

GHRTW
Reaction score
Pulleys in question

I was helping Alex with his car. Its a pretty serious part failure. Should have bought Steeda...

Anyways, I was going to ask if there is anyone in south florida looking to get rid of a stock crank and water pump pulley.

Thanks for the help

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
just got off the phone with rpm outlet.

final verdict...never doing business with them again.

how many times has your steeda or ford racing product broken? never

i was very calm and patient with the gentleman (jeff), who claimed he was the top of the food chain, and i explained to him the problem with the pulley. i explained to him that there is no way that the install broke it. i explained to him that it had to have been a manufacturer's defect, and i even gave him a date of purchase. he told me that there is no warranty on aftermarket parts. i then name dropped ford racing's 2 year warranty on the gt500 supercharger upgrade, and he then (in a very short answer) told me that there was nothing he could do to help me. i told him that i had purchased from them before, despite warnings and ridicule, and that i would like to continue purchasing from him. i also told him that if we could not come to some terms, i would not be buying from them ever again. so, basically, GAME OVER RPM outlet.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to make you feel like your failure doesn't suck or anything, but this certainly isn't the first time someone has had an issue with a crank pulley separating from a balancer. And in all honesty, I think this is the first time I have heard of it being a Moto Blu product.

All that aside, yea, your R&R experience with RPM Outlet is going to be an adventure.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah Rpm outlet has been dodging my calls and emails for a year now on $1500 in parts that wer supposively dropped shipped and i never got also the companies never had a record of their request for the shipment. I get put on hold and then hung up on when they look up my invoice number everytime. Ive called probably 20-30 times so i just gave up, i really hope that place goes outa business, fuck rpmoutlet.

That being said i have motoblue udp with no problems yet, have had them for about 2 years now.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Yeah Rpm outlet has been dodging my calls and emails for a year now on $1500 in parts that wer supposively dropped shipped and i never got also the companies never had a record of their request for the shipment. I get put on hold and then hung up on when they look up my invoice number everytime. Ive called probably 20-30 times so i just gave up, i really hope that place goes outa business, fuck rpmoutlet.

That being said i have motoblue udp with no problems yet, have had them for about 2 years now.

$1500? damn man. there has to be something we can do. when big companies fuck up, you can put it in the paper, and everyone cares and gets angry.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, short of knocking down their door and setting the place on fire. Man now remembering this again is making me mad all over again, i wish i could go there so i just cant be hung up on and lied to.

So guys if u didnt know already stay the fuck away from rpmoutlet!!!!!!!!
An if u havent had a bad experience with them u are extremely lucky!

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Yeah, short of knocking down their door and setting the place on fire. Man now remembering this again is making me mad all over again, i wish i could go there so i just cant be hung up on and lied to.

So guys if u didnt know already stay the fuck away from rpmoutlet!!!!!!!!
An if u havent had a bad experience with them u are extremely lucky!
http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/ComplaintInformation.aspx

"Now, use the form you obtain by clicking below to file a complaint that relates to a purchase or other marketplace transaction that involved one or more of the following, or other similar sales practices:

advertising you think was misleading
selling practices you think are deceptive or otherwise improper
non-delivery of goods or services you paid for
a guarantee or warranty that was not honored
unsatisfactory service after your purchase
credit or billing problems
the company's failure to perform as it agreed to, either orally or in writing"

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
damn. i remember hearing stories of rpmoutlets poor customer service several years ago....thats why ive stayed away from them. good thing i have it appears.

sorry about your shitty luck dude.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not that i would ever buy anything from rpm outlet or with the Motoblue name, but i originally bought a BBK underdrive pulley set for my 2002 GT failing to realize that the pulley was a type that you slipped over the stock dampner and used silicone to hold it together or something like that. I immediately resold them and bought a Steeda set with a one piece crank pulley. Problem avoided. I would NEVER use any type of piggy back system

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
I think we fixed your problem today:thumb2:

yes, today i went down to steeda and picked up the udp's and while i was there, i decided why not get an adjustable panhard rod as well.

then i had the car towed home, and tomorrow i will be changing them out.

5809_121160713508_504823508_2431319_1986887_n.jpg

5809_121160498508_504823508_2431318_8107437_n.jpg

if anyone needs udp, steeda has a LIFETIME warranty. why not buy from them?

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
P.P.S. last time. i just wanted to give a shoutout to Steeda, AAA, Lake Park Towing, and Armando for all of their help and EXCELLENT service. I would be nowhere without all of you!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back