Paxton 2200 H.O. my numbers seem low to me ???

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Paxton 2200 H.O. my numbers seem low to me ??? Problem found UPDATE

On my wife's mustang she dynoed 442rwhp and 382torque on a dynojet ... I'm curious as to whether or not I should try another tuner or stay with this tune..

the engine was completely stock until the supercharger for her mustang the only other minor mod is the x-pipe upr stainless steel and mac muffler and charge motion delete plates, and she wanted the SCT flasher instead of the diablo that comes with the kit. I was thinking she should be around 460 to 480 range in horsepower.. since the paxton 2000 H.O. is capable of around 1000hp, the boost a pump is turned up to its maximum, is it b/c of the fuel pressure which my tuner says is the problem or something else, Should i get it retuned or leave it where it is.

I also contacted brenspeed and told them what i had and they also felt that even though the car was dynoed on a dyno jet they felt the numbers were kind of low, they said i should get their email tune. what do you think stay with custom tune, or get email tune from brenspeed?

update;;;;;; problem is she needs a better fuel pump... motor starving for fuel to make power.....but based on you guys statements.... the car is going to stay 440

Last edited:

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
I'll have to ask my tuner, but her boost is 10lbs, she is using the stock pulley that comes with the kit

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Being at 440+ you should have a tune that is perfect or a stock motor more often than not will fall apart. If you are running an email tune I would really consider getting a dyno tune.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
well the engine will only safely tolerate around 450 to the wheels which is rouhgly 500 engine hp. i wouldn't push it anymore or add any boost to it. after 450 you severely reduce the engines lifespan. i will say though i've seen people run as much as 493 to the wheels and the car has stayed together.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
You shouldn't feel too bad, I'm only at 417 with my turbo at 8psi! 100% for a dyno tune and not an email tune. The only way i'd run an email tune with your setup is if you got the A/F numbers checked out on a dyno to make sure you were still w/i safe levels.

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
On my wife's mustang she dynoed 442rwhp and 382torque on a dynojet ... I'm curious as to whether or not I should try another tuner or stay with this tune..

the engine was completely stock until the supercharger for her mustang the only other minor mod is the x-pipe upr stainless steel and mac muffler and charge motion delete plates, and she wanted the SCT flasher instead of the diablo that comes with the kit. I was thinking she should be around 460 to 480 range in horsepower.. since the paxton 2000 H.O. is capable of around 1000hp, the boost a pump is turned up to its maximum, is it b/c of the fuel pressure which my tuner says is the problem or something else, Should i get it retuned or leave it where it is.

I also contacted brenspeed and told them what i had and they also felt that even though the car was dynoed on a dyno jet they felt the numbers were kind of low, they said i should get their email tune. what do you think stay with custom tune, or get email tune from brenspeed?
Custom tuned with everything proper most people make 460-470 rwhp..so you are alittle low

Who knows maybe a maf/injector/tune problem?

I bought a Breenspeed 2200HO kit ... I tried 5 of their mail in tunes..data logging stuff for them etc etc, still had issues like pinging/knock/surging mils..I had it custom tuned local..No problem :)

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
You shouldn't feel too bad, I'm only at 417 with my turbo at 8psi! 100% for a dyno tune and not an email tune. The only way i'd run an email tune with your setup is if you got the A/F numbers checked out on a dyno to make sure you were still w/i safe levels.

yeah but is your wife screaming down your neck b/c she wants 460-480 and at the track after 12 passes in 4 weekends she bested a 1/8 of mile of 7.63 on 20x8.5 in her 5 speed, I told her don't worry about it b/c she is running low 12s and every blue moon when she shift right a 11.9x second car don't worry about, and I told her there are not that many women driving around in 440+ rwhp mustang 2005 mustang gt coupe sitting on 20s don't worry about the numbers. But hey it's only my money.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Custom tuned with everything proper most people make 460-470 rwhp..so you are alittle low

Who knows maybe a maf/injector/tune problem?

I bought a Breenspeed 2200HO kit ... I tried 5 of their mail in tunes..data logging stuff for them etc etc, still had issues like pinging/knock/surging mils..I had it custom tuned local..No problem :)

what were your final numbers

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
You guys put way too much stock in dyno numbers. They are a tuning tool, nothing else. Elevation, humidity, gear ratio, wheel size, operator, dyno model, temp, etc. all come into play. Are you sure you're getting 10lbs boost? I had to drop two pulley sizes to get to the 10lb's they advertised with the stock pulley. Are you intercooled as well?

As I've said before; I've been to the track and beat cars with a lot higher dyno numbers than mine and vice versa.

Silver, where did you get your information at? There are plenty of cars out there running over 450whp on a stock block without grenading. Most of it boils down to the tune.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
07gt Novi 2200 10psi at 6k @ 12 psi 6.5 k ...when the car was stock I had this put on and a set of corsa's NOTHING ELSE . I see people with delete plates ,x-pipe, long tube headers and my car at the time made the same amount of power or usually more without all that B.S.

488 wrh 431 tq boost a pump knob tuned less than half way a/f were 11.8 , tuned bt the man at ST motorsports . on stock tires 285-40-18 G/Y 12.29 117 mph (3.31 gears)

there are 1000 tooners and realy only 1 tuner

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
if you're not far from benspeed, consider driving down for a custom/pro tune

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about dyno numbers. What is she trapping? 60 ft?

Some tune details would help. My car put down what I have in my sig with those mods. 11.7 AFR and 14* of timing and yes on the stock block.

Take the 20's off and run the stock wheels at the track with some drag radials. They will get her moving faster.

I have seen the Paxton 2200 HO kit at best with all the supporting mods, good traction and driver run anywhere from high 10's to mid 11's on the stock block. I think there is surely some room for improvement. Get that car dialed in and leaving the line hard.

+100000 on a good dyno tune if you do not have one.

Last edited:

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
You guys put way too much stock in dyno numbers. They are a tuning tool, nothing else. Elevation, humidity, gear ratio, wheel size, operator, dyno model, temp, etc. all come into play. Are you sure you're getting 10lbs boost? I had to drop two pulley sizes to get to the 10lb's they advertised with the stock pulley. Are you intercooled as well?

As I've said before; I've been to the track and beat cars with a lot higher dyno numbers than mine and vice versa.

Silver, where did you get your information at? There are plenty of cars out there running over 450whp on a stock block without grenading. Most of it boils down to the tune.

You are 100% correct as far as putting too much emphasis on numbers , but it just sounds cool to brag to friends that you have 100horsepower instead of 70 horsepower for example , in her case her track time is good for woman in her early 30s to run very high 11s is good. I'm not letting her go to the track anymore b/c she'll want more and want to do more stuff.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
When you get the timing and A/F info, post it. I would bet with that low of torque, the timing is really conservative. It is very possible the tune is fine and the dyno reads low. The tune data will tell the tale though.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Even though Dynospeed doesn't touch my car, they know what they are doing. If your only fuel mods are a BAP I would guess that's probably what is holding you back. Doesn't matter what the kit is capable of, only as strong as your weakest link.

I would go with a custom over canned tuned any day assuming you have a good tuner (which you do).

When you get the timing and A/F info, post it. I would bet with that low of torque, the timing is really conservative. It is very possible the tune is fine and the dyno reads low. The tune data will tell the tale though.

From what I have seen they tune very conservatively, unless told otherwise.

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
Your wifes numbers do seem a bit low, but some dyno's read lower than others... What is your wife trapping in the 1/4???

The BAP is perfectly fine for that power level so dont worry about it. My cars only fuel mods are a BAP and 60 lb'ers...Im making 517/442 at the rear wheels. My mods are Paxton 2200HO, longtubes, and cmdp's. Im also using a 3.33" pulley making 12psi.

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Stick with your tuner. When i spoke with brenspeed, the exact number they said the fuel pump starts to max out with a BAP is 440 rwhp(also confirmed at JDM). and just like what the tuner said, your fuel is your problem. He can probably get you more power but the fuel aint there so hes not willing to try. You should ask for the duty cycles of your pump. cant believe brenspeed tried to sell you an email tune over a dyno tune.............

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back