recommend a decent all weather tire for daily driving?

hammerdown

forum member
Reaction score
So I've worn out the old staggered 555s and right now im riding around on my autocross tires and need to get them off the car. I want to go back to something non directional, quiet, decent treadwear, and good grip (as far as all weather tires are concerned)

Recommendations?

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
Conti DWS'

I had them on a couple cars and they were phenomenal. Quiet, grip well in all weather. They lasted a good while as well. I think on my Cobalt SS that saw a lot of track time on them, they lasted 35000 miles. They would have lasted almost twice that if i never raced it.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I will 3rd that recommendation. if you don't see snow go with the Conti DW. Just put a set on the back of mine and love them!!

hammerdown

forum member
Reaction score
Cool... thanks for the quick responses guys. I just looked them up on Tirerack and they seem to fit the bill. Price wasn't out of sight either which is good.

Conti's have always treated me good on the F250. Looks like I'll be checking a set of these out.

Thanks
-HD

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I like my general GMAX AS03's, very good grip in the snow and dry weather.
They also last very long and are kind of sexy...

gmax_3_4_product.png

Heard good things about the conti dws.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I like my general GMAX AS03's, very good grip in the snow and dry weather.
They also last very long and are kind of sexy...

gmax_3_4_product.png

Heard good things about the conti dws.

I'm running these as well. No snow to worry about here in Florida, but these do very well for the price. I do run a higher PSI in them to stiffen up the sidewalls a tad though. 36psi all around.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I use staggered 555's for 6 months of the year, spring/summer. I use NITTO Motivo's the other 6 months of the year, fall/winter. The Motivo's are a fairly recent innovation from Nitto. Treadware rating of 560, warranty is 60K miles. Believe it or not, they have better dry traction than the 555. They blow away the 555 in the rain. Nitto is coming out with more sizes. https://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Street/motivo

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I consider them all-season if I drive on them all seasons. I drove on them all seasons.

All seasons they were driven on.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
In NYC they are not all season. But in the South where we don't see much (if any) snow then they are all season. You can keep your damn snow.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
How do those Motivo compare to the Michelin A/S 3 (I think it is)? They are fairly close in price. I've always been a fan of Michelin tires.

EDIT: We get enough snow here that a true AS tire is required if you drive your car year-round as I do.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I consider them all-season if I drive on them all seasons. I drove on them all seasons.

All seasons they were driven on.

In NYC they are not all season. But in the South where we don't see much (if any) snow then they are all season. You can keep your damn snow.

LOL :beer:

Yea but technically tires must have M+S rating to be considered all seasons :yeah::beerdrink:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Wow, Conti's are well represented on this forum! LOL

<<<<Another happy Conti Extreme Contact DW driver here.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I did have Conti DWS on another car and they made a night and difference compared to the Falken A/S I had. The ride was smoother, quieter, more responsive as well.

On light snow, I could definitely feel more bite from the tires as I made turns. But nothing beats true snow tires for winter traction.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on my wife's car as winter and cooler season tires (it's a Subaru). They've been very good tires, and don't give away much in hard driving in warmer weather. Far better than its 500 treadwear would ever lead you to expect, and I don't ever shop for tires with big treadwear in mind as being a good thing.

The PS A/S 3 is supposed to be even better, and if it borrows much at all from the Pilot Super Sport (which I have for my car's track time) it belongs on just about anybody's "short list".

Norm

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I love my conti DWS's even though that's not what is on the car right now. Just remember if you go with this tire, if you have 10" rims go with at least a 285. 275/40/18 is stretched on a 10" wheel.

I have the Michelin pilot SS on mine now that I bought from a member here (to get the wheels). They are terribly noisy and have no straight line grip whatsoever. I can light them up from a roll in 2nd gear too easily.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back