Shaker 500 use 1000 amps/subs?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My shaker 1000 amps/subs from the trunk were pulled for weight reduction, and I'll likely never put them back in, so I'm selling them. I get lots of interest but everyone asks what is needed to hook them up to their Shaker 500. I'm not even sure you can, but figure there is an audiophile here that knows if the amps/subs can be used with a non-shaker 1000 head unit...

John

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 500 doesn't have the "extra" plug for the rear amps and speakers.

xtreme02gt

forum member
Reaction score
Crap. Well, I guess they'll collect dust until the off chance I ever sell the car.

Just sell the head unit too.... Or make a deal with someone, you will take there 500 head unit, and in turn they will all of your 1000 stuff...

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of a good question.....

I have the factory Nav HU...does that have the same setup basically as the Shaker 500? Are there factory amps driving any of the 6 speakers? If so, Where are they at?

When I replaced the rear deck 25w speakers and the 50w door speakers with 285w 4-ways, I can tell the difference...but are they amplified separately or from the HU?

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I was wondering this as well with the factory nav.

nmeofdst82, was it a significant difference in sound just from changing the speakers out?

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was wondering this as well with the factory nav.

nmeofdst82, was it a significant difference in sound just from changing the speakers out?

My opinion is yes. Clearer with more high and low. I listened to a lot of different speakers before I got these. One of the few things BestBuy is good for... I have really good hearing (like 0 or -5db over the entire audible range, 15-20 is "good") so it matters to me. My wife can't tell a difference.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back