retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could have sure used you Friday. I've been messing with and racing cars for 50 years and this was the first time I was ever on fire. I always had an extinguisher in my cars but I just never got around to putting one in this car. I guarantee it will have one in it when it gets back on the road.

Earl

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much help you would get if you go around telling people you want to "sue" them Earl!!!!:stooges:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fixed. Yep Ray, I never could type worth a damn. That's why I was a pilot and then they started making everything computer operated. With the new planes you can only fly as fast as you can type, glad I'm retired.

Earl

Coderedsaleen

Powered by 03 Venom
Reaction score
Damn, to bad I missed out on yesterday. Some of us still have to work, LOL!!! I wish I was there to get some good pics of the fire and burn outs. Enjoyed photographing the runs last time.

Coderedsaleen

Powered by 03 Venom
Reaction score
LOL, you know damn well who this is! Atleast I can drive my car(s) longer then they are at the shop, parts falling off or having to delete stuff. LOL!!!!!!

Might as well just let MAP have it and let you drive it one day a month.

Last edited:

rayS197

Reaction score
I am finally at home and can rest. Had an event to attend tonight and Im beat. Mustang is still on the trailer attached to the truck. :crazy:
Had a blast yesterday and met some new faces to put with screen names. Charlie, Eric, Justin, Brad, Billy and others. Very clean, nice ass cars, Charlie, Brad, Eric, and Billys fast ass ride. We all are some tough Mfer's behind the keyboard but in person all had a great time and helped out everyone like it should be. The shit talking never stopped. LOL!! Brady, no worries as I know you would have done the same for me and thanks for filling up the truck. Id help out anyone of you guys on here. Thank you Jeremy for letting me borrow your wheels!! Thanks Jason for dinner and I would say hold onto the receipt for reimbursement from Jason Benson for the forfeit clause in the bet. "A no show had to buy two dinners" there Mr. Benson!!!! :buttkick:I will work on the videos tomorrow and post when I can.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
I could have sure used you Friday. I've been messing with and racing cars for 50 years and this was the first time I was ever on fire. I always had an extinguisher in my cars but I just never got around to putting one in this car. I guarantee it will have one in it when it gets back on the road.

Earl

I left mine in my truck... You would think I would be smarter... is the damage bad or fixable?

Yeah- way to go Al...

Thanks... :thumb2:

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
I am finally at home and can rest. Had an event to attend tonight and Im beat. Mustang is still on the trailer attached to the truck. :crazy:
Had a blast yesterday and met some new faces to put with screen names. Charlie, Eric, Justin, Brad, Billy and others. Very clean, nice ass cars, Charlie, Brad, Eric, and Billys fast ass ride. We all are some tough Mfer's behind the keyboard but in person all had a great time and helped out everyone like it should be. The shit talking never stopped. LOL!! Brady, no worries as I know you would have done the same for me and thanks for filling up the truck. Id help out anyone of you guys on here. Thank you Jeremy for letting me borrow your wheels!! Thanks Jason for dinner and I would say hold onto the receipt for reimbursement from Jason Benson for the forfeit clause in the bet. "A no show had to buy two dinners" there Mr. Benson!!!! :buttkick:I will work on the videos tomorrow and post when I can.

Yeah, get on the video thing... we would like to be able to sleep..LOL

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I left mine in my truck... You would think I would be smarter... is the damage bad or fixable?

Thanks... :thumb2:

The fire damage is fixable, will need a new engine wiring harness and some other wires redone. The underside of the hood will need to be repainted. I wont know about any internal engine damage until Mike gets it apart. We are hoping it will just be a phaser replacement. Mike doesn't think the phaser coming apart would cause valve to piston damage but I don't know if there is damage to the cam or anything else.

Earl

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Sean
th_20121012_122322.jpg

Al
th_20121012_110905.jpg

GTR
th_20121012_122522.jpg

Fastbreak
th_20121012_122910.jpg

Earl
th_20121012_135214.jpg

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid Jason. We never could figure what was causing the problems with 3rd gear. It would pull fine until it hit third. On that run you could actually hear it backfire when it hit third. It would hit 3rd and fall on it's face then pick back up and run fine the rest of 3rd and 4th. It was almost like the throttle was closing, or something equally strange.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had the car for a week now, thak you very much!

What parts have fallen off my car?

You ever get the heads ported and swapped?

LOL, you know damn well who this is! Atleast I can drive my car(s) longer then they are at the shop, parts falling off or having to delete stuff. LOL!!!!!!

Might as well just let MAP have it and let you drive it one day a month.

Back