The "New Look"

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Some have asked about the new sig pic so I figured I'd let the info out now. The rendering below is pretty close to what the car will look like this season with the new sponsorship from Kicker Audio. There will be a few more decals in place for Oakley and C&L Performance (thanks Lee!) but the locations haven't been finalized yet. Few others too like Aronson Motorsports and Strictly Performance.

The hood is the Dan Gurney hood from Saleen along with the Cervini's M1 hood scoop. We are also adding the rear ducktail and pedestal spoiler from the M1 kit as well. Side stripes are from the Saleen Heritage cars. Front chin spoiler is going to be either FRPP or CDC. Engine is a 302" stroker, Comp 127300 cams, FRPP heads (reworked by me), C&L intake manifold, FRPP throttle body, and the ever present twin turbo system. Transmission gets a reworked PI converter from Ultimate Converters and a new SFI-legal bellhousing from Performance Automatic along with their deep pan we had on already. Rear end is from Pyle Bros. in Baytown, Texas. Shortened 1" per side with 9" housing ends, Moser axles, 3.73 gear, 33 spline spool, FRPP gear cover. Rolling stock will be either Billet Specialties Street Lites or Race Star wheels. M/T drag radials out back (unless Goodyear gets off their ass and answers my email) with front runners up front along with Strange Engineering brakes. A BMR K-member and a-arms are also in there. Fuel will be handled by VP Race Fuels and a complete Fore Precision triple pump returnless system.

At some point after Bradenton we will be taking the car out to California for Paul Bartlett to add the necessary bars so we can be sub-10 second legal. Might make the first WCHRA race out there once we're done but we'll see. Depends on the money right now.

I have to thank Dave from Streetcar1320 for these renderings. He went above and beyond with them and really hit the look on the first try.

KickerRendering12.jpg

KickerRendering21.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks nice! must be picking up a lot of power over last season with all those decals and stickers!!! must be worth 150whp! :poke:

Hope to see that bad boy run at Atco in May!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The exterior combo sounds like it will look great, and go together nicely. Glad to hear its getting closer for ya..

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What? No S197forum sticker on it?:kidding:

Looks good man. Congrats on the new sponsors :thumb2:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lookin good. Congrats on the sponsership. I assume you iwll be using your race stars?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Love that hood. There is a Dan Gurney Edition Mustang for sale at Texas Direct Auto...thing is pretty as hell.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I love it S.D.!! Congrats on the sponsorship!!

I am really trying to work it in the schedule this year to make a few race's....whether I am running or not, I would definitely like to see you guys race!!

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good. I was thinking about to the same theme from Cervinis in alloy. I like the Mach 1 look.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thats going to look real good at those car shows your gonna be at all summer..........

/end sarcasm

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good SD. What hood pins did you go with and were did you mount them?

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
What? You're not getting the "#1" etched into the window glass?

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope its fast, then they won't notice it looks like shit... J/k Looks great SD. I'll have to come see it after AIT. See you in about a year. Oh, and happy birthday "The Asshole".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back