The Official LostSoul Thread!!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I wish I took on this project myself 5 years ago instead of relying on a tuner. I think he must of had the start of the spray too low or the nozzle in wrong. or maybe not in all the way. I used the same hole and I was not able to get the nozzle all the way in.. I had to re-tap for it more so I can get the nozzle to stick out f tad from the pipe. Maybe it was not in all the way and the spray just hit off the sides and pooled up... anyways..

I had to hit auto zone a 3 way Vacuum part so I can tie it into the manifold/mondo bov tube and the meth controller..

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

I had to tap the hole for the nozzle and I almost put in in wrong myself even though I read over and over not too.. haha.. Fat in out/filter in.

IMG_1394.jpg

Made sure that it sticks out a little..

IMG_1396.jpg

I cleaned up the hoses from the tank-pump. I used fishing line to wrap around the hose lock connectors to make sure they stay locked..

Then I took off my FRPP manifold and I installed the new IAT sensor. IF there is any failures this will be it. The frpp manifold had no real location for a senor. I put it in an area Brenspeed had theirs, but the plastic is so thin I am only able to get 2-3 thread through. There is sealant stuff on it and it feels strong now.. but who knows. Its not like the thing flexes like a lung... :(

IMG_1399.jpg

Once everything was done I had already tested the pump.. now it was time to test the controller. .. I needed a way to pump 5+psi in the vac tune to the controller. I was told I couldn't blow hard enough into it :p so I had to find another way... At Target I found a schwinn bicycle pump WITH a digital gauge. I used that and hooked it up..

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

Then I connected the hose to the nozzle and put it away from the car..

IMG_1401.jpg

Here are the test on video..

Then I tested the light that I ran into the cabin.. not fully placed yet.. if you turn up the vol you can hear me call out the psi..

and so far I believe that is it.. just need to finish putting the intercooler pipes back on then unplug the controller till tune time comes up next week and fill the tank with boost juice.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good Ted. Sure looks like a shit load of spray when you actually see what it does.

lostsoul

Reaction score
thanks guys.. your right about the spray.. thats the 625ml nozzle. Its scars me to see how much comes out of it. .. you sure I'm not going to flood the engine again.. haha

lostsoul

Reaction score
ohh you didnt see your hard work.. I kind of scuffed them up.. it took hours to get the damn intercooler pipes back in.. After everything was put in that damn coolent tank was right on the nozzle..

IMG_1406.jpg

Since I'm a "Hardcore" mechanic I had to fab something up..

IMG_1407.jpg

Basically, I found some thick ceramic washer on the garage floor and wrapped it in foil! hahaha

bscottie

forum member
Reaction score
do you have any way to meter the spray? step into it slowly? It would be better IMO to start with moderate spray and work up to the blst in that video, being a little caustious may let you have an extra year with the car,

soulman

Reaction score
Sounds to me like your car may be detonating under boost.....bad plugs or bad gas could also be culprit....

lostsoul

Reaction score
do you have any way to meter the spray? step into it slowly? It would be better IMO to start with moderate spray and work up to the blst in that video, being a little caustious may let you have an extra year with the car,

I dont know a way to meter it.. from my understanding the controller start at whatever V or psi to max and its incremental. I have the start set at 5 and max at 15 and it looked like more was coming out at higher boost.

I posted all the vids and info on Snows forums and so far everything looks good to them. Trust me I know with my luck something will fail or maybe Ill just crash the car again.. This is pretty much the end of the line for me anyways.. if the engine blows I'm putting the stock one back in.. if the car crashes I'm done with this and maybe later get something else.. but I will never F with a car as much as I have with this..

Sounds to me like your car may be detonating under boost.....bad plugs or bad gas could also be culprit....

If your talking about that lean pop.. that confuses me also, but it only happens if I take off when cars cold.. maybe the tune at close loop.. hopefully the new tune next week will kill it finally.. its not too bad now. ..

right now I'm running too rich. I have thrown bank 2 rich code a few times now.. I just bought a new o2 sensor and recalibrate my wide band and it looks at WOT my A/F is showing 14

soulman

Reaction score
Sounds like you are covering the bases...yea I was talking about the lean pop....i had a lil trouble with my methanol inj on my Grand National at first....like these guys were saying tho....you should be good if you ease into it....good luck with everything...curious to know what you figure out

lostsoul

Reaction score
Sounds like you are covering the bases...yea I was talking about the lean pop....i had a lil trouble with my methanol inj on my Grand National at first....like these guys were saying tho....you should be good if you ease into it....good luck with everything...curious to know what you figure out

me too.. haha

we will find out soon.. at least now I know what to look for now unlike 5 years ago. Once I get the main 91 tune set without the meth then we will run it without tuning to make sure the a/f doesnt increase.. Ill post it all up.. blow or not. people might learn from my F ups..

lostsoul

Reaction score
OK.. I know you all have been waiting feverishly for the results for Dyno day..

I took my car to the tuner once he arived on the plane. I left it there so he can take his time and hammer out the cold start issue and p0175 running rich code.

On the Day of the tune I had my taxi pick me up early in the morning..

IMG_0472.jpg

2011 GTs are a bad ass car.. I dont mind the rear end anymore. haha

Sheen rolled with us all the way up there.(almost 2 hour drive)

IMG_0474.jpg

on the way up there he got smoked by a fast Prius

IMG_0479.jpg

We also ran into this Gem..
IMG_0477.jpg

Once we got there we saw many cool cars

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Mr s197 cant handle one beer!........................ so he goes for 2?

IMG_0497.jpg

Anyway, there has to be some tech here.. I guess..

We got my car on the rollers did the base 91 tune without meth.. then with meth. The tuner thought the 625ml nozzle was too much.. so we installed the 375ml first and made sure nothing bad happened.. The car made the same hp but the a/f and temp were almost unchanged.. but there was a difference. So I talked them into putting the 625ml back in and there was no power increase, but the a/f did get about .5+ richer and the temps cooled down from what I was told.. but no hard numbers. We could have added more timing and squeezed out more but the tuner didnt want to chance anything. Anyways... so far the cold start and that lean pop are gone. I can get in the car start and dive off but I still think I'm running a tad rich. I started the car this morning and just backed out to let the wife out and then rolled in and parked.. an hour later I tried starting the car and it had a rough time and white smoke came out like it flooded again. So it looks like once I start the car I have to to be committed and let it warm up before I shut off. So far driving it is a blast.. I thought I would be higher on the HP range... but I'm about done.. Im going to try to fix the damn wideband.. even with the new sensor and cal its still off =-/. I'm going to try to enjoy the car for a while

4-3-11dyno001.jpg

Now this is a mans BOV!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll do something like this to cool off my car temps.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Been a long road for you Ted, glad to see the progress is positive for you this time around. Happy Motoring.

lostsoul

Reaction score
Been a long road for you Ted, glad to see the progress is positive for you this time around. Happy Motoring.

thanks.. I'll be happy if I can get one good year out of a car.. haha

once I fix the W/B issue and it gets a little warmer I can datalog and see show the temp drops.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got some good video of your dyno runs. I'll upload then tonight and post them for you.

Did you happen to catch Charlie Sheen and I run 'em on 5?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back