What have you done to your mustang today?

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by *JZ*, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Member

Holy cow, that must have bounced around in there a bit.

2. kazman59

kazman59 King of Kazmania

@GlassTop09
    Don't know if you've tried this, I've gotten VINs from sales ads of subject cars and plugged them into the Ford part site to get the part #s I've been looking for.

3. GlassTop09

GlassTop09 Member

No I didn’t try that....honestly I didn’t know that was possible but thanks for the tip!
    I’ll keep this in mind going forward....I just now realized I can get VIN’s thru sites like Car Gurus....damn I’m getting old!

4. kazman59

kazman59 King of Kazmania

Car gurus, Cars . Com, Autotrader, ebay, it goes on and on.

5. Doug Huggard

Doug Huggard Junior Member

I was about 6000rpm when it happened lol I lost power(no blower) and ran over my own belt and pulley...and then got towed home. Coasted to a 10.8 at 122 though :)

bujeezus likes this.
  6. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Member

I got the clutch pulled out of my GT today. As expected, with some relief, the clutch disk had welded itself to the flywheel. All 10 pucks transferred material to the flywheel.

E4EEC041-F287-49FC-8427-1E435DC59EE4.jpeg

230661C5-DD0C-4B3A-9DCF-0A69258CD017.jpeg

7. GlassTop09

GlassTop09 Member

Looks like you got more TQ on tap than that clutch disc/pressure plate could hold....

8. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Member

That is a McLeod steel flywheel with their Extreme Street clutch and pressure plate. Supposed to handle 700 hp/tq and work on the strip. I had no complaints, never felt it slip and it grabbed smoothly. Until it stuck. I talked to McLeod and they said I overheated it. OK, I explained it was the first run of the day. Four second burnout in water then roll out under power to clean the tires. Eased up to stage all normal and launched at about 5 grand. It wrinkled the tires and lifted the front wheels and sadly would not shift. McLeod suggested not powering out of the water box. I said “what?
    I am thinking the RXT is next. I took the flywheel to a machine shop to be resurfaced.

9. Anti

Anti forum member

Wow, how stupid is their response.. is it rated for 700 or not... Lol

06 T-RED S/C GT likes this.
  10. Silver'nStripes

Silver'nStripes Member

When I got a clutch recommendation from McLeod a few years ago they insisted on the RXT as soon as I mentioned the dragstrip, even with only 600 hp. Never had any slipping issues while it was in the car.

Midlife Crises likes this.
  11. GlassTop09

GlassTop09 Member

It's done!
    Not even close....new bar's center section also resides further up under car giving a lot more clearance for floor jack access.
    IMG_0305.JPG
    Tested all out & now the car is much better balanced & controllable which inspires more confidence rolling into\powering out of tighter turns at higher speeds w\ this upgraded OEM PP frt\rear sway bar tandem (makes better use of these Continental Extreme Contact DWS06's I have her shod with). Becoming more fun to drive now................

Seeing more upgrades coming on the horizon...............................

EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  12. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

What is the thickness of the new bar? 24mm ?
    Also, Any chance it has a sticker like this on it, with this exact part number?

20160917_swaybar1.jpg

13. GlassTop09

GlassTop09 Member

IMG_0304.JPG
    Yep it's a 24mm dia bar. CR33-5A771-AG is the actual Ford manuf rear sway bar tag part# (also references mounting position on car) that was referenced (the FoMoCo CR3Z-5A772-Q) to this BR33-5482-BE actual Ford manuf front sway bar tag part# I bought used\low miles (looks brand new) that physically came off a '13 Boss 302.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  14. GlassTop09

GlassTop09 Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  15. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Ok. The picture I posted is off my car, a '13 GT Track Pack, also with a 24mm rear sway bar. I'm thinking it's probably identical to the one you just bought, the one you got maybe just an updated part number. Ford is known for doing that when they make a change, however slight it might be.

16. xeninworx

xeninworx Junior Member

17. 06 T-RED S/C GT

06 T-RED S/C GT forum member

According to the description, these Ford Performance shocks and struts have been engineered specifically for improved handing on both stock ride height and lowered 2007-2012 SVT Mustangs and 2005-2012 GT Mustangs. This kit features single adjustment modifications with two-way response. The struts and shocks will work with stock suspension components and aftermarket components.

What I don't quite understand, is how they can claim their engineered for both stock ride height and lowering spring applications? Perhaps I'm missing something here, but IIRC aren't dampers with shorter valving recommended and also more compatible for lowering spring applications vs dampers with longer OEM valving :shrug:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  18. jewc75

jewc75 forum member

Burned thru half a tank of E85 today, felt good burning up some tires.

19. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Aired up the front tires, which is a lot more work than one would think, wheels have to come off the car due to the dumb ass placement of the valve stem by Trueforged

washed it and put her away.

20. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

You can't just turn the wheel to one side, do one tire from the back, and do the same on the other side?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.