What kind of fuel pump for 430 hp?

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I'm going to be putting a supercharger on the ole 06 GT. I'm figuring 430ish HP to keep things safe on the stock block. That said, what kind of fuel pump should I be dealing with? I'm kind of torn between some options -

walbro "465" pump
Aeromotive 11140 Fuel Pump
FRPP dual fuel pump kit M-9407-GT05

so obviously the ford kit is a lot more expensive, but I want something good and reliable. Anyone have experience with Aeromotive?

Thanks!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Stock pump is good to about 450hp+. I forgot at what point I swapped mine but it was well beyond where most would expect. Throw a boost-a-pump on there and call it good. The stock pump is very reliable, no need to go spending money on something you don't need and very well may create issues in the future.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Stock pump is good to about 450hp+. I forgot at what point I swapped mine but it was well beyond where most would expect. Throw a boost-a-pump on there and call it good. The stock pump is very reliable, no need to go spending money on something you don't need and very well may create issues in the future.

No shit? Well the supercharger kit calls for gt500 injectors and that aero pump. I guess maybe the pumps for if you plan to ramp up the HP more.

Mounty09

Reaction score
I run about 9.5# of boost with 39# injectors on the stock pump with a boost-a-pump. No problems. Car makes 450-500hp.

RusElKnight

Reaction score
I did the SandH 405lph walbro pump with my dob. Easy install and works great with the 47# gt500 injectors.

It's $325 shipped in a hat so it's drop on ready.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Dont get the off the shelf walbro, mine maxed out at 5k rpms with the DOB kit when Lito was tuning me.

I switched to a S&H walbro with the wiring upgrade and now i have room to spare.

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I am running the BAP and 39# injectors in mine at 447hp and have no issues at all, otherwise fuel system is all stock.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I have the stock pump with the wiring upgrade on my Saleen blower - somewhere around 435-440 rwhp. I stopped there to keep it safe for the engine.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I just use a BAP with a stock fuel pump. It works great. The car has 435RWHP.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Decided to go with a walbro 400 lph pump for room to grow from Jeremy over and S&H.

Thanks everyone for the input!!

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has suggested it yet, but you should just go with a BAP.

Last edited:

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
WTF did you ask for?

Haha I wanted to see what others were running.
Not a fan of the BAP stuff and decided I should have headroom for more HP in case I wants it.

I wouldn't have known to ask S&H if not for this thread, so that worked out well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back