Who daily drives with NSR cams?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
I was wondering about this as well. I am just waiting on my wedge tool to install my 127020's. I have 4.10's so I cant see it being all that bad for a dd. From what i remember, your supposed to let the car idle for a about 5 minutes when you first start it up, and then turn on the a/c and let it idle for another 5 minutes. I read this in another thread, I believe chris rose said it helps the adaptive learning fill in the values rather quickly and helps with any idling issues you may have.

I know the video is sideways. But this car seems to idle in gear just fine with the mutha thumpr's.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
I drove mine every day for over a year with HRs(Brenspeed tune) with no problems whatsoever. I had 3.55s for about the first six months and it was tolerable but it was much better with the 4.10s. And I have never had to let mine warm up for 5-10 minutes like some of you guys do. I just would crank it up, adjust the radio and AC/heater and go.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I am pretty new to the s197, I've always had fox bodies cammed and not really had an issue, I was thinking about cams for my 06, and after seeing these vids,I'm sold! damn these cars sound wicked with cams in them!

Did you guys notice any significant power gains with the nsr cams?

Last edited:

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
I am pretty new to the s197, I've always had fox bodies cammed and not really had an issue, I was thinking about cams for my 06, and after seeing these vids,I'm sold! damn these cars sound wicked with cams in them!

Did you guys notice any significant power gains with the nsr cams?

About 20-25rwhp

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Whatever you get, add 4.10s. I had idle/stall issues with my Brenspeed tune, but my bama tunes were f'ing perfect. no warm up required and I was able to set both idle speeds to the 575rpm.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Whatever you get, add 4.10s. I had idle/stall issues with my Brenspeed tune, but my bama tunes were f'ing perfect. no warm up required and I was able to set both idle speeds to the 575rpm.

Tjat seems like a low idle speed, im sure it lopes though. Whats the normal idle speed like 750ish?

Just received my timing chain wedge tool today, will be installing the cams/limiters this weekend.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Tjat seems like a low idle speed, im sure it lopes though. Whats the normal idle speed like 750ish?

Just received my timing chain wedge tool today, will be installing the cams/limiters this weekend.

Yup, 750rpm is normal. It sounds better the lower you go (to me at least).

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldnt idle it to low because you might have an oiling problem.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have Brenspeed's blower NSR blower cams in mine and driveability is like stock. Heck...I haven't even had it re-tuned and the driveability is great.

RH

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back