ZEX Plugs

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the PN 82071 "Power Racer" ZEX Igniter Core plugs. Any experience with them? Comments? My current plugs only have ~5000 mi on them, but I know I'll need to replace them before 10,000 mi...I run through a 10 lb bottle every ~500 mi, so about 9 or 10 x 10 lb bottles so far.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
i go through a bottle every two weeks sometimes one a week depending the weather and my brisk plugs have been in the car since i had 1000 miles.at 9000 miles i changed them just to be on the safe side and they looked in really good condition.well just to make the story short they are now in my friends car with a 100 shot and they keep going strong.i dont think you need to change them every so often.just pull them out and check for wear but i was very impress with mines.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i go through a bottle every two weeks sometimes one a week depending the weather and my brisk plugs have been in the car since i had 1000 miles.at 9000 miles i changed them just to be on the safe side and they looked in really good condition.well just to make the story short they are now in my friends car with a 100 shot and they keep going strong.i dont think you need to change them every so often.just pull them out and check for wear but i was very impress with mines.

Thanks, that's what I'll do when I get 9500 mi on them.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
well dont go by my experince either since every car is different,just pull a couple out and look at them make sure they are still in good condition.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not at all, just planning so I'm ready when I need to change them. Everything working great. My wife ordered me the HWS plate, so I ordered 3' 3AN hosses for the install, and gonna plug the hole in the air tube with an aluminum plate held in place with JB Weld. Still gonna keep it at 100 shot, because that's what my Bama tune's for.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
MrClean i had to plug a hole in my intake too and i used the screw for a nozzle from the NOS kit.i dont know what kit you have but if is like NOS all you have to do is go to lowes and buy a screw that fits in the hole where the nozzle used to go.ill try to find some pictures so you could undrestand better what im talking about.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
this is the part that i used and just pluged the hole with a screw

View Image and Compare
  • Compare
Nitrous Oxide, Nozzle Mounting, Kit
Part Number: NOS-17283NOS

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
not at all, just planning so I'm ready when I need to change them. Everything working great. My wife ordered me the HWS plate, so I ordered 3' 3AN hosses for the install, and gonna plug the hole in the air tube with an aluminum plate held in place with JB Weld. Still gonna keep it at 100 shot, because that's what my Bama tune's for.

You may need a new tune. ZEX 100 shot isn't a HSW 100 shot. And wow dude, she's a keeper!!!!

matt texass

Reaction score
He should be able to use the same pills. The only thing different will be the way in which his "100" shot is distributed.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
the hsw kit is rated at the wheels with there jets.i think his gonna run the zex jets wich makes for the same shot as before.the only thing that changes is the way the mix is distribute

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back