06 mustang Gt won’t hold an idle after tune unless the mass airflow sensor is unplugged

Camren

Reaction score
so I bought my 06 mustang gt about a month ago from a man local, the car has a JLT SERIES 3 intake, which is where I’m assuming the issues are. When I use the tuner my car will crank and then die it won’t hold an idle unless I unplug the mass airflow sensor to the intake, but even then my car will die as I’m driving it from pushing in the clutch. Does anyone know why this is I called bama about it but didn’t get a real answer, and the intake is on the list of parts bama had when tuning it anything helps

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
See if your CAI has a removable insert. It sounds like you have a tune for a tune required CAI but you CAI does not require a tune. If you do have an insert, remove it and try the tune.
Does it run ok without a tune?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
See if your CAI has a removable insert. It sounds like you have a tune for a tune required CAI but you CAI does not require a tune. If you do have an insert, remove it and try the tune.
Does it run ok without a tune?

The JLT series 3 110mm intake doesn't have an insert and definitely needs a tune. You just need to get rid of the shitty BAMA tune and get an alternative that actually works, like Brenspeed.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Did it run when you bought it? Was the JLT on there when you got it?

Camren

Reaction score
Yea it ran fine he had it on the performance tune when I bought it, but then I went to tune it to street just to see what would happen and then the car would act up

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yea it ran fine he had it on the performance tune when I bought it, but then I went to tune it to street just to see what would happen and then the car would act up

Well obviously the tune is effed up. So what exactly are you trying to figure out?

Reaction score
It most definitely needs a tune... When i had my jlt series 3 cai installed my car would not run at all without a proper tune installed... It would just crank over an die because its getting alot more airflow now compared to the orginal air intake... I had my car dyno tuned though... Hope this helps

Camren

Reaction score
Well obviously the tune is effed up. So what exactly are you trying to figure out?

Just trying to figure out why it’s dying but y’all have me thinking it’s a bad tune, the JLT was already on the car and was on the sheet with all the parts for bama so a bad tune is really the only thing I think it could be

Camren

Reaction score
It most definitely needs a tune... When i had my jlt series 3 cai installed my car would not run at all without a proper tune installed... It would just crank over an die because its getting alot more airflow now compared to the orginal air intake... I had my car dyno tuned though... Hope this helps

So you think I should get new tunes?

Reaction score
So you think I should get new tunes?
Yes i would look into getting a different tune.. I guarantee thats your issue.. I don't know much about buying pretuned tuners.. If you got the money i would consider getting your car dynotuned

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I did not see where you put the performance tune back in, have you tried restoring the original performance tune yet?

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
I did not see where you put the performance tune back in, have you tried restoring the original performance tune yet?

This was my thought, just throw the old tune back on. Maybe the street tune isn’t set up for that intake.

Reaction score
Lito... Cheaper and, in my experience, better than a Dyno tune.
Ive been hearing alot about lito tunes.. I hear he does a great job.. I just prefer dyno tunes more cause i can be there to watch everything an if i have any problems just take it right back to the shop...

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
With Lito, you are literally doing everything lol

I unfortunately was over 2 hours from my local Dyno tuner, but he did such a shoddy job it wasn't even worth my time to take it back to him. This, of course, is just my experience.

Reaction score
With Lito, you are literally doing everything lol

I unfortunately was over 2 hours from my local Dyno tuner, but he did such a shoddy job it wasn't even worth my time to take it back to him. This, of course, is just my experience.
Lol alot of data logging right? An yes same for me but my shop mostly focuses on just mustangs an camaros, an they had really great review's an ive never had a single problem with mine.. Plus they warranty their work to so that helps alot for future problems....

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
It wasn't that much datalogging, surprisingly. I think Lito has my blower tune setup in about 9 revisions.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back