Anti Roll Bar

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a anti roll bar - anyone using the Steeda one? I would like to support a vendor here and would like to go with this piece if anyone could provide some insight.

I know of two other cars using a BMR antiroll bar, and they are happy with them.

Can anyone provide any feedback on actual results of your 60' times before and after the anti roll bar was installed?

Trying to make this a little better:

Baronasixtyfoot2.jpg

Last edited:

anticubicle

Reaction score
I can tell I'm going to need one of those in the future. My car does that too —*just nowhere near as extreme as yours LOL :D

One of the local (fast) S197's here has the Steeda Anti-Roll bar and from seeing his car launch, it doesnt roll nearly as much as you are. From what I've experienced, Steeda makes top notch suspension products for our car :D

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Paul, I don't have an 60s to compare, but I do have a shitload of video. Lots of roll before, very little after.

This was from FFW Fontana with the BMR bar... nice flat launch:

[sfire]1d9ded1b-a109-4a3d-81ae-9b40013d4c9c[/sfire]

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Obviously, I can't give you first hand impressions of the Steeda piece, but when I was buying one, I asked Adam to look at both of them carefully, and his preference was for the BMR. So that's the direction I went.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
They do work... for a temp deal you can always put an air bag on the pass rear.. thats what i did on the SVO.. went from launching like in my avatar to flat as a pancake.. till it went boom..lol..

the motor not the air bag..lol

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really think the BMR is a better piece but you have to weld it in or it's not worth it IMO. I did get considerable more noise once it was welded in but the points made in steve's post were accurate but once you weld that thing in - it's pretty friggin solid.

The steeda might be every bit as good but there just isn't enough cars making big power for me to get a real comparison so I would have to recommend what's tried and proven on dozens of cars.

Just make sure to weld in whatever you get, Paul.

You are already dialed for your suspension obviously from your results in the 60' so I wouldn't even worry or think about trying to get a .10 or anything off your 60's. Truth be told, I think you'll se a couple hundredths in your case with the anit roll bar but I think you are going to mph a little better and help you more on the big end getting going properly and building speed so I think you'll see some hundreths mid rang and up top as well so it could be good for a full .10 or so when you factor all that in but just don't expect to see it all in your 60's is what I'm saying.

You definitely need one, of this there is no debate.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i kinda have to go with ck on this one the bmr is just more popular for whatever reason it may be and steve made good points so i dunno

i know forensicsteve runs the bmr and it deff helped the roll but et wise i dunno sorry

the pricing is roughly the same for both aint it ? if so id be willing to give the steeda a shot

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
the pricing is roughly the same for both aint it ? if so id be willing to give the steeda a shot

We are within $50 of their price I believe. Add in the roller bearings and the fact that our bar is already welded for you, that pretty much makes up the difference to me. I'll knock off a few bucks too for anyone that wants to give one a try.:beer:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Steve. Should I go to the website or go through you?

I think I am willing to give this piece a try, even though I know of two cars that are doing very well with the BMR piece. I think Steeda has a good reputation with regards to suspension components and willing to give this piece a try.

I don't know how much I could potentially pick up in the 60', but my thinking is if I hit a track that is not prepped like Barona was, the fact that the car is unloading the driver rear could cause some traction issues. So the hope is the car will hook even if the track conditions are not as good---and that would be the benefit.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Steve. Should I go to the website or go through you?

I think I am willing to give this piece a try, even though I know of two cars that are doing very well with the BMR piece. I think Steeda has a good reputation with regards to suspension components and willing to give this piece a try.

I don't know how much I could potentially pick up in the 60', but my thinking is if I hit a track that is not prepped like Barona was, the fact that the car is unloading the driver rear could cause some traction issues. So the hope is the car will hook even if the track conditions are not as good---and that would be the benefit.

Always go through me to get any of the PM'd deals - that goes for everyone!:beer:

I think the main thing is to remove that one "unknown" variable at the track, you might only pick up a tenth, but at least you might be able to remove the track condition as an issue.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Woot!! Way to go Steve! Damn I love our vendors :beer:

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats a great deal Steve...Having vendors on the site really does come in handy!

06tyrfryr

forum member
Reaction score
I am running the steeda and it is a very nice piece. although it use to be cool to pull the left front tire and carry it 40 feet down the track, it now hooks hard and launches perfectly level.

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
roll

Steve, I have a CHE axle brace per pic below. What do you guys have that will help reduce the roll/torgue that will be compatable with it! Thanks

Last edited:

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
you replace the sway bar with that right if I am not mistaken? What are the negative effects if any of replacing the sway bar with that as in taking corners and such?

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
sway bar

Androdz, if that question is at me, the axle brace does not interfere with the sway bar. I still have the stocke unit in there!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the anti roll bar is for us drag racers. I thought the trick set up for the road racers was the watts link.

Back