Anyone swap their mod motor for an LS3?

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
LOL, it doesn't have to be bench racing. How about real racing? This is from this month. It's a pinto that's ALL FORD and NO V8 just a lowly 4cyl. Fuck, it's even carbed!!

8.23 @ 160 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-kxluQL78

One of my favorite cars is the 1,000 rwhp 2.3 Turbo Fox body that does the Hot Rod power tour. But again how does hp per liter have anything to do with that, I know how hard 4 cylinder cars can run. At the end of the day if your 4 cylinder makes 500 hp and a V8 makes 800 despite how impressive it is for a 4 cylinder to make V8 power. Despite its hp per liter you will still lose.

But we are getting off track here, if the OP can make it work there are benefits to swapping his 4.6 3V for an LS3.

Redsnake97

Reaction score
I'm doing it to piss you off.
When I'm done....I'll post dyno numbers AND MPG...and I'd like you to do the same.

Yeah yeah, I should not have used the word stupid. Not cool. You have the right to do what you want - but you got to expect this reaction on this forum. You know this man. :popcorneat:

I just think keeping it pure is the way to go especially when there is no good reason not to stay pure. Pure as in keep the ford powered by ford and chevy powered by a chevy.

jmn444

Reaction score
Some guys like natural tits, some like em fake. I just like tits.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, I should not have used the word stupid. Not cool. You have the right to do what you want - but you got to expect this reaction on this forum. You know this man. :popcorneat:

I just think keeping it pure is the way to go especially when there is no good reason not to stay pure. Pure as in keep the ford powered by ford and chevy powered by a chevy.

Its his car even if he was doing it just to make all of you mad , so what? There are reasons aside from just doing it to do it as well, believe it or not.

Some guys like natural tits, some like em fake. I just like tits.

So being that you just like boobs, I assume your not constantly telling your friends that like fake boobs how stupid they are?

:bs:
What are those benefits that are so overwhelming?!!?

I know them, you obviously don't....plus I will let the OP say why he is considering it....because I don't know that.

Nothing new here guys, do you know how many LSx powered Foxes there are?

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Dude, who doesn't want an engine with pushrods in this new day and age? :rant:

Your 3V is so much better than an LS7, in fact I am surprised you don't have people offering to trade there new Z06s or ZR1s just to have your high technology engine and car.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I was asking about the install time/difficulty as posted above, but have you seen the 5.0 results with upgraded cams?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
One of my favorite cars is the 1,000 rwhp 2.3 Turbo Fox body that does the Hot Rod power tour. But again how does hp per liter have anything to do with that, I know how hard 4 cylinder cars can run. At the end of the day if your 4 cylinder makes 500 hp and a V8 makes 800 despite how impressive it is for a 4 cylinder to make V8 power. Despite its hp per liter you will still lose.

But we are getting off track here, if the OP can make it work there are benefits to swapping his 4.6 3V for an LS3.

Are you talking about Jon Huber and his 1979 mustang? He hurts a lot of V8 guys feelings. Again my point is if two cars are running 8.xx does it matter how big your motor is? Your comparison doesn't hold water. I could easily say if a 4 cyl makes 800HP and your V8 only makes 500, does that make your V8 impressive?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Either way, it's the OP's car so he can do what he wants. I just wouldn't expect a lot of "love" from an S197 forum that's all. Like like the love a ford guy would get on a camaro forum putting a ford motor in a camaro. But to each his own.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Either way, it's the OP's car so he can do what he wants. I just wouldn't expect a lot of "love" from an S197 forum that's all. Like like the love a ford guy would get on a camaro forum putting a ford motor in a camaro. But to each his own.
Either way, the OP just did it to get a rise out of US-1, (success) and got a 2011 GT :)

i cant believe someone dug this thread up. i expected it to be about 5 posts and die like any other thread i start. i guess i struck a nerve :naughty1:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Are you talking about Jon Huber and his 1979 mustang? He hurts a lot of V8 guys feelings. Again my point is if two cars are running 8.xx does it matter how big your motor is? Your comparison doesn't hold water. I could easily say if a 4 cyl makes 800HP and your V8 only makes 500, does that make your V8 impressive?

Yes I love that car, and we are in agreement. If both cars are running 8.xx than to me the smaller displacement car would be more impressive. But hp per liter in isolation means absolutely nothing unless your an engine engineer. And if a 4 cylinder makes 800 hp to a V8's 500 yes that does make it more impressive.

But by the same token a 100 hp / liter Toyota Celica running 15's is not more impressive than an 11 second car with 50 hp / liter.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back