Cruizin Concepts....Ordeal in the making?

hioc1098

Reaction score
I will call you if I can get them cancelled. I'm in Afghanistan, so things are a little bit tricky. I'm going to try to find a way to call them tonight (my time).

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, they contacted me about vending....I had my own bad experience with them and no way in hell are they vending here.
this is why I like all of the vendors on this site, never heard anything bad about them I m glad I didnt get my rims from cruizin concepts like I was going to instead I got them from OE wheels and the tires from American muscle

hioc1098

Reaction score
Closure...

I figured I'd post up the closure to mine. After reading this thread, I got in touch with Cruizin Concepts. They really didn't answer my emails (I'm in Afghanistan still), but they left a couple of messages at the number I gave them (my Father's house). Ultimately, I didn't hear from them until I told them I was going to call and cancel the order. After that, the emails were returned. I called them twice and had no issues with the person I spoke to. We had a couple of issues to work around, because my shipping address was different than my billing address. Ultimately, we worked through the issues, the order was placed, I received a tracking number the next day, and the tires/rims arrived 4 days later (over the 4th of July weekend). I have pictures, but my brother didn't work the camera very well, so I'll either have them take others, or wait until I get home.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What rims did you order?

hioc1098

Reaction score
I originally wanted the black chrome FR500, but heard of folks having issues with them flaking. I ended up with 18x9, 18x10 Stealth Black FR500 with 245/45 tires up front and Nitto 305/40 on the rear. I wanted something a little different. We'll see if I actually like them.

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
I also had a sorta bad experience with cruizin concepts as well. They supposedly did the mounting and balancing on my set of 4 wheels and tires that i purchased from them. When i recieved the wheels only one wheel had weights on it and the other 3 had nothing. I put the wheels on and it was vibrating like crazy. I called them up and all they told me was that they did balancing all four and that there was on way they werent balanced. He also told me that maybe i got a lucky set of wheels that didn't need balancing. I decided to not even make a big deal about it and just took them to get balanced.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I also had a sorta bad experience with cruizin concepts as well. They supposedly did the mounting and balancing on my set of 4 wheels and tires that i purchased from them. When i recieved the wheels only one wheel had weights on it and the other 3 had nothing. I put the wheels on and it was vibrating like crazy. I called them up and all they told me was that they did balancing all four and that there was on way they werent balanced. He also told me that maybe i got a lucky set of wheels that didn't need balancing. I decided to not even make a big deal about it and just took them to get balanced.

Lucky... 3 wheels not requiring balancing!? Wow, with that sort of luck you should enter the lotto and get your ass to Vegas right now! When you took the 3 'lucky' wheels to the shop did they need balancing? I bet they did!

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky... 3 wheels not requiring balancing!? Wow, with that sort of luck you should enter the lotto and get your ass to Vegas right now! When you took the 3 'lucky' wheels to the shop did they need balancing? I bet they did!

Hell yea they needed balancing!! I could have made a big deal out of it but it was only like 30 bucks to balance and i wanted the wheels on the car badly so i just paid.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
emorale3 said:
Hell yea they needed balancing!! I could have made a big deal out of it but it was only like 30 bucks to balance and i wanted the wheels on the car badly so i just paid.
Wow what lazy pieces of shit

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
lucky wheels not requiring balancing , now thats just a special kind if ignorant ! :wtf1:

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow this sucks to hear.. I cant say I experienced the same issue with them.. I have there God speed chrome wheel son my 03 Cobra and found one starting to chip, 3 weeks later and 2 phone calls I had a new wheel at my door.

2011CS

2011 California Special
Reaction score
I ordered godspeed stealth wheels, they came and the pre-paid shipping and duty wasn't recorded at UPS although I paid it up front on my credit card.

45 mins later they paid the duty over the phone or I was refusing the order.

After the driver left I noticed I didn't get my "free" lug nut package and when I called they said that I got a pretty good discount so I shouldn't expect it.

Jeff

Edit:

All that being said I ordered the Omega Deep Dish "Stealth" wheels and I just found out after the install yesterday that one of the rims is defective as it is out 6.5oz with an out of round. I called customer service and they are shipping a new wheel to me at no charge 2000kms away and handling all issues ASAP.

The lug nuts are nothing compared to having this handled as well as they did today.

Last edited:

hopesmasher

forum member
Reaction score
man sux that you have had to go through all this crap. But thanks for the heads up not to do any business with them.

hioc1098

Reaction score
It took a while, but I'm finally back on US soil. Here's the before and after pics of the CC wheels. I'm fairly happy with the service and product.

Photo0015.jpg

40568_141199552567919_100000336248054_274642_6926389_n.jpg

NJStangers Jonathan

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same issue back then with them. My FR500s didn't even last 2 months before the coating started flaking off and it was spring, they never saw salt or bad weather.

Their solution? To either unmount wheels and pay for shipping to them and then they would determine what they would do or pay $50 per a wheel and have 2 more wheels shipped to me at my expense as well as an addition 50 for each wheel.

Makes no sense, I voiced my opinion about this on all ford mustangs a few years ago and since they are deep in their pockets, they shun me and a handful of others down. Totally not the way a forum should be fun but hey what do I know. Glad to hear others are having so many problems with them, because they truly were a waste of money.

For anyone who has them, try Duplicolors Two Step Black Chrome kit, it will make them look even better, its my spring project for next year.

Sorry I had to rant lol

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
While I agree with 99% of what I am reading there is only 1 thing I think that might need to be cleared. If you need to do a "warranty" exchange, then yes the customer is responsible to ship it to the vendor. Once the vendor gets it, then they should take care of the rest of it. If you are getting 2 new wheels then they should pay to ship them back to you.

Now if your wheel is a factory "defect", then the vendor should send a call tag and pay to get them back from the customer.

NJStangers Jonathan

forum member
Reaction score
it definitely was factory defects since the chrome wasn't prepped right and was peeling off like wrapping paper....and still is......but too late to deal with them, they just recently screwed one of my club members as well and that was my reason to vent.

They told him they have it shipped out earlier this month and then kept giving me the b.s. talk they have been giving a handful of others.

Either way, I highly do not recommend them to anyone.

As far as the wheels? They are getting a 20$ mod next year and getting repainted by me.......next time I'll just buy oem silver looking fr500s and paint them myself. :)

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Still no issues with mine......knock on wood.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back