FRPP Cams Installed

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Installed them last night and man does the car sound mean. I didn't have a chance yet to get into to see what the high rpm gains are though...Question for people with hot rod cams. How hard does your car shake with the cam lope?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
If you have blown, stock motor mounts... not much at all.

If you have poly mounts and TQ limiters... a lot!

My wife likes to sit in it and let it idle for hours. :leghump:

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed them last night and man does the car sound mean. I didn't have a chance yet to get into to see what the high rpm gains are though...Question for people with hot rod cams. How hard does your car shake with the cam lope?

it shakes pretty good...but you'll get used to it..so much that you'll think the cams don't lope as much as they used to

07samCS

forum member
Reaction score
mine shakes pretty hard. i have noticed that the transmission makes weird clanking noises now that it didnt make before they went in too.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine shakes pretty hard. i have noticed that the transmission makes weird clanking noises now that it didnt make before they went in too.

mine does the same. one of the other posters in another thread complained of the same thing. with the clutch in it stops...it's probably the throw out bearing

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Ah, now I know what you guys are talking about... Yes, I have the same thing.

07samCS

forum member
Reaction score
mine does the same. one of the other posters in another thread complained of the same thing. with the clutch in it stops...it's probably the throw out bearing

yep thats what mine does. i just found it wierd that i drove it in to the garage quiet, swapped cams and put on long tubes and it started making noise.

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Has anyone that installed these Hot Rods also install VCT Lockouts? Or has everyone just been doing without them?

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
I want to know what he wants to know^^^^^^^^^
lol my cams are just chillin in the back of my Econoline van lol

Reaction score
yep thats what mine does. i just found it wierd that i drove it in to the garage quiet, swapped cams and put on long tubes and it started making noise.

You guys heard of the about TSB concerning the separator plate between your block and your trans? I had a noise that I swore was the tb going, but it was just the stupid plate. (Mines an '07 5 speed w/o cams)

Last edited:

BlownPony306

forum member
Reaction score
You guys heard of the about TSB concerning the separator plate between your block and your trans? I had a noise that I swore was the tb going, but it was just the stupid plate. (Mines an '07 5 speed w/o cams)
I have an 07 and just took it in for this. Mine makes a horrid rattle in lower rpm from take off. Usually only when cold. Once the car warms up it seems to go away. They ordered a new separator plate and it will get installed once it comes in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back