Go Big or GO HOME !

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Well as the saying goes , its time for a little change on my set up .
Here's whats going down, my Walbro Pumps are beginning to act up. I have been on E85 for awhile now, and as it was, I was pretty much maxing out the pumps with my set up, and stuck at 22 psi's . Since the Walbro's pretty much start to fall off at 72 psi's I was right at the limit running 50 base pressure . I want to turn up the boost to 27 or 30 but cant do it with these pumps , so I have a new game plan and in the next two months I should be able to get it all worked out .
First Im re-doing the fuel system with a Fuel Lab 1300hp Prodigy Pump and filters.
2nd Im taking the ID 1000's out and replacing them with ID 1600's .
The last piece of the set up is a New Turbo and 4" Downpipe .
I'll be ordering the Turbo in two weeks GTX 4202R Garrett.

GTX204202R-2.jpg

Still stock heads and cams but with this Turbo and 27 psi's I think low 9.s are in reach.
I will update the build as I go along and post pics and results .

Pete

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Sweet, my buddies got a Garrett 4202 on his 93 FD RX7. The turbo is almost bigger than his motor haha.

Check it. Sorry, had to share- didn't wanna thread jack but it makes me laugh when i see it. Shit is a beast, i put my precision sc6165 next to it and it was sad.
68887_437209791705_661111705_5714959_5036252_n.jpg

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet, my buddies got a Garrett 4202 on his 93 FD RX7. The turbo is almost bigger than his motor haha.

Check it. Sorry, had to share- didn't wanna thread jack but it makes me laugh when i see it. Shit is a beast, i put my precision sc6165 next to it and it was sad.
68887_437209791705_661111705_5714959_5036252_n.jpg

Hahahahah , thats hilarious .

Im getting it with the Tial Stainless Vband housing on both sides . Gives me more room to fit it how I need it.
Will be taking my Nitrous Kit out and putting it on my Foxbody .
With the Fuel Lab pump and bigger Injectors at 27 psi's I should be making well over 900 rwhp so I can hit my goal I think .
I may need to send the converter out to tighten up .
Next week Ill order the Pumps and Filters , and The Turbo I'll order after Bradenton. I want to make it out with my Fox which is just about finished, so The Turbo will need to wait till after Spring Break Shootout.

Pete

Pete

Last edited:

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Put a look out on the Borg Warner EFR turbos they are a step up from garret's gtx series. This is because the gtx is still old school tyle on the turbine side, with the EFR's you have billet on both sides!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pete, good luck on the build. I thought a 9.68 second street 3V was very interesting, but a low 9 street 3V well??????

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Nice Pete. Who's doing the install, Mak?

Im going to do the Fuel upgrade 1st ,and then I'll take it to MAK when I have the Turbo and Injectors. It shouldn't be too much of a big deal.
In order to make room for it I'll need to get the factory fan assy out of there, and install one of those low profile dual fans that come with the Procharger kits.
My nitrous kit will come out, and Ill use it in my foxbody with a nx express trick flow r plate.
This Turbo will spool even faster then my 74mmbb, and make another 150 hp more, so I can just crank up the boost to 27 and make 900 rwhp plus easy. With a faster spooling and more powerful Turbo I can tighten up the converter maybe 300 rpms, and the car should pickup another 5 mph in the 1/8th on DRs, which puts me around 114 to 115. The car picks up 35mph in the backhalf, so we figure tighter converter and more power we're looking at 150 . That should get me in the 9.30s :thumb2:

Pete

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Holy shit! Your car is something that is a peice of work. Can't wait for new numbers

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Pete, good luck on the build. I thought a 9.68 second street 3V was very interesting, but a low 9 street 3V well??????

Thanks , Im pretty confident that those changes will get Me in the 9.40s to 9.30s on Boost only NO MORE Nitrous .

Pete

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3vs197 approved.

Oh thank god, looks like your good to go now Pete with his approval!

Wow this statement isnt even worth the post these words are typed on.

Pete good luck! Thats gonna be a killer setup! I want before and after dyno graphs :)

What are the specs on that turbo compared to the one you have now?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL

Oh thank god, looks like your good to go now Pete with his approval!

Wow this statement isnt even worth the post these words are typed on.

:roflmao:

Pete good luck! Thats gonna be a killer setup! I want before and after dyno graphs :)

What are the specs on that turbo compared to the one you have now?

:thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back