Has gotta have it green been changed to a Boss color only?

Reaction score
Can any of our resident Ford employees verify this? I read a "rumor" on another forum, and it got down to the armchair experts speculating.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well....read down a post and you will see Jay Tucker has a 2012 GHG that is not a boss...

Reaction score
Well....read down a post and you will see Jay Tucker has a 2012 GHG that is not a boss...

I see that, but someone stated that recently all orders have been filled for the gotta have it green GT's but from now on its a Boss 302 color. As someone stated on another forum. Hence the word in the topic sentence "changed".

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
The Ford Build and Price still shows it as an option for GT.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, it is not a BOSS-only color.

15727811_large.jpg

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Maybe it's a low production color like the yellows have been in the past. Its a really cool color...but I would never buy it for a DD street car. It's too over the top for me. People stair at me all the time with Kona and its quite uncomfortable sometimes haha. I can't imagine driving that thing down a busy street...You might as well be in a lambo! I really want to see what an 11-12 GT looks like in that color with all of the black accents on that body style...

Reaction score
Yea, I want to order one. GhG Brembo package, and the track pack options. Or I might just get a boss if those options run into boss territory. I want to get me one, but waiting sucks. I'm about to take a move and have to get into a house first... Grrrrrr. I've got all this money saved up and its burning a hole in my pocket. Down payment on a house and closing costs won't cost $20,000 right? :(

Allez Rouge

Senior Moment Member
Reaction score
Guys, read the frakkin' thread title. Yes, the Build & Price shows the color as available on all cars. Yes, the online Build Your Own tool still allows you to pick GHIG for all models. Yes, we know there are already some GHIG GTs (and possibly V6s) out on the roads.

The question the man is asking is, despite all the above, HAS GOTTA HAVE IT GREEN CHANGED TO A BOSS-ONLY COLOR?

IOW ... if you order something other than a Boss NOW, can you STILL get GHIG?

Last edited:

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Guys, read the frakkin' thread title. Yes, the Build & Price shows the color as available on all cars. Yes, the online Build Your Own tool still allows you to pick GHIG for all models. Yes, we know there are already some GHIG GTs (and possibly) V6s out on the roads.

The question the man is asking is, despite all the above, HAS GOTTA HAVE IT GREEN CHANGED TO A BOSS-ONLY COLOR?

Try it and let us know?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys, read the frakkin' thread title. Yes, the Build & Price shows the color as available on all cars. Yes, the online Build Your Own tool still allows you to pick GHIG for all models. Yes, we know there are already some GHIG GTs (and possibly V6s) out on the roads.

Good point, I shut up after the OP pointed it out to me.

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score

I submit my post as evidence that it has not changed. Ford is good about quickly changing their building tool when something is deleted or added.

Thanks for your input however. :highfive:

Allez Rouge

Senior Moment Member
Reaction score
I submit my post as evidence that it has not changed. Ford is good about quickly changing their building tool when something is deleted or added.
All right, maybe I was overly vehement in my initial reply. Sorry.

That said, your experience with the Build & Price tool does not match mine. Last year, when they added back Sterling Gray Metallic around the middle of the year, they never did add it to the color choices in the B&P tool. (I also think Lava Red continued to show long after it was discontinued, but I'm not 100% certain of that.)

This year, the thing has had numerous bugs and inconsistencies. For example, until a few days ago, you couldn't add the $295 exterior appearance package to a V6 without also accepting cloth Recaro seats at $1595. Even now, the Reverse Sensing & Security Package shows up as mandatory on Premium cars, even through the window stickers of cars in inventory show it as optional.

Point of all this being, I don't regard the Build & Price tool as an accurate indicator of what is actually available at any given time. YMMV.

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
All right, maybe I was overly vehement in my initial reply. Sorry.

That said, your experience with the Build & Price tool does not match mine. Last year, when they added back Sterling Gray Metallic around the middle of the year, they never did add it to the color choices in the B&P tool. (I also think Lava Red continued to show long after it was discontinued, but I'm not 100% certain of that.)

This year, the thing has had numerous bugs and inconsistencies. For example, until a few days ago, you couldn't add the $295 exterior appearance package to a V6 without also accepting cloth Recaro seats at $1595. Even now, the Reverse Sensing & Security Package shows up as mandatory on Premium cars, even through the window stickers of cars in inventory show it as optional.

Point of all this being, I don't regard the Build & Price tool as an accurate indicator of what is actually available at any given time. YMMV.

Fair enough. They were pretty quick to get the Focus ST site up as soon as they announced the pricing release yesterday. I know they got alot of complaints about colors in the past. They've been pretty good with their other lineups with keeping color accuracy. But you're right, they have screwed up in the past. Yellow tri-coat metallic is one I remember.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I really want to see what an 11-12 GT looks like in that color with all of the black accents on that body style...
Funny you say that. I wanted to see it too. I'm still not a fan.

(2013 photo for color reference)

GHIG.jpg

2013-Ford-Mustang-gotta-have-it-green-front-three-quarter-1024x640.jpg

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
saw one in person the other day.. i usually love the odd-ball green colors.. but i just can't get into that one. it looks like the green easter M&M

2334499019_c778fdd061.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back