Interesting dealership visit

whitey09

Reaction score
I went to a well respected dealership that has a good reputation for performance being a roush dealer and ford racing installer. I asked how much for hot rod cams installed and recommended suspenision ideas. The service manager immediately railed on me for wanting to waste money on frivolous upgrades and i should just save for a supercharger. I told him i dont want a supercharger, how much for cams? He sighed and gave me a ridiculous price to shed me.
I gave up on that avenue and switched to suspension since truly thats what i need first. He asked what id done so far to the car. I just put new tires on this summer. Hankook Ventus sized 245 instead of stock 235. He went off on me for increasing the tire width and called me an idiot.
Is this guy just some grumpy a-hole, or am i nuts?

Reaction score
He is kind of right... Superchargers are the best bang for buck if you want HP. I'm still not impressed with aftermarket camshafts on modular engines...

EDIT: And yea seeing some others' responses and realizing the nature of your post, the guy was a dbag.

Last edited:

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Why would you increase tire size by just one size, 235 to 245? If you want answers to those questions try the search button.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I think the guy is a douche bag for treating a possible customer like shit. I personally would have told,"I'm not asking for your opinions on what I should or shouldn't do with my car.I know what I want and I'm a paying customer who is asking for a price quote,if you don't want or need my business/money then I will take it to another Ford dealership because I'm sure you aren't the only one around......correct"?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would of immediately asked for the dealership owner or manager. That dickhead needs a lesson or fifty in customer service.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The service manager has a boss and he likely has a boss and their is an owner mixed in there too. A well known place will not like this kind of customer dis-service being trotted about the internet in public and portrayed as what to expect at their place of business. I'd go elsewhere, but if I felt angry enough about my treatment, I'd have a frank discussion with the real bosses about their customer service problem. I'm sure they will listen. Don't threaten, just tell them how it is.

300angryhorses

forum member
Reaction score
He actually called you an "idiot"? You are NUTS for not properly thanking him for his crappy service.

Kicked-In-The-Nuts.jpg

whitey09

Reaction score
Im a pretty level headed person, not there to argue just looking for help. Advice is fine, but i dont have to agree. Personally i like NA. Just a preference. About the tires, i went back and forth about what size to put on. Ended up deciding to stay stock on stock rims and wait for new rims to upsize. But then, that size was available and seemed close enough to stock without conpromising anything. They actually grip very well and have no roll over issues whatsoever.
Anyway, thought id give them a try cause they're local. Looks like i'll be looking through the site sponsers instead. I just want a sane, trustworthy and knowledgeable shop thats easy to deal with. Ive found that dealers are afraid to stray from stock parts and closeminded to unordinary set ups.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I had a simular experience at a dealership with my '07 when I asked about installing a FRPP power pack(I was concerned about my warranty at the time). I walked away from that asshole. It was the best thing that I could have done. It gave me the push to learn how to do my own modding.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Service manager is a dickhead, find a performance shop to set u up.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
they are his personal opinions be it true or not, no reason what so ever for him to treat you that way, Id speak to the manager, be polite but stress how you feel about how you were treated

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i'd be writing some letters imho and ruin their reputation personally.

i'm lucky that i have a buddy whom works at a ford dealership within 20 miles of me so if i ever need anything i just go straight to him for my goodies.

Mortis101

forum member
Reaction score
I hate hearing about people treating customers like that. I'd definitely take my business elsewhere. If you go with a performance shop ask around first, I found out the hard way that the first shop I went to sucked.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Im a pretty level headed person, not there to argue just looking for help. Advice is fine, but i dont have to agree. Personally i like NA. Just a preference. About the tires, i went back and forth about what size to put on. Ended up deciding to stay stock on stock rims and wait for new rims to upsize. But then, that size was available and seemed close enough to stock without conpromising anything. They actually grip very well and have no roll over issues whatsoever.
Anyway, thought id give them a try cause they're local. Looks like i'll be looking through the site sponsers instead. I just want a sane, trustworthy and knowledgeable shop thats easy to deal with. Ive found that dealers are afraid to stray from stock parts and closeminded to unordinary set ups.

Where are you located?

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
WOW if he seriously called you an idiot for a 245 tire i would seriously be worried in having work done there...... and do like this

whitey09

Reaction score
Im in aurora, il.

I appreciate the supportive feedback. I was starting to get excited about beginning to mod my car. Its been a long time waiting for the warranty to expire before digging in. Then, deflated after that experience. Ive done my own work in the past but on much older cars so was lacking confidence. Now i may just brush up on how to's on this site and bust out my own tools for these projects. If you want it done right......right?

RedDragon777

forum member
Reaction score
To be honest you asked for a price quote on FRPP Hot Rod cams right? If he was a true FRPP installer then he should have already had the prices and all the info to install the cams and the least he could have done is recommend the FRPP suspension kit or even as a Roush dealer given you info on the Roush suspension upgrades. Being a DBag like that was uncalled for and gives good dealerships a bad rep. Even though i would not be doing business with that dealership i would at least talk to the dealership director or even the owner if he was there and give them a heads up on what their shop manager was doing to customers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back