Learning to make fast go fast!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To bad I can't give you my DA right now, -3,496! :)

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the cams took a hit on your son's car :(

It REALLY Sucked when we got new cams and pulled the other cam cover.... But that is another thread coming this week. Damn thing ate a valve on #1 and broke the head along with the CC and a piston!

So, no break in miles for me yet.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Yea, block and heads are headed to the machine shop tomorrow. I am putting it back together with his stock heads refreshed. I will port and clearance another set soon, but the car needs to be back on the road.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Yea, block and heads are headed to the machine shop tomorrow. I am putting it back together with his stock heads refreshed. I will port and clearance another set soon, but the car needs to be back on the road.

I can see how that might have been confusing. I was talking about the earlier post about the kids car, mine is fine. Lol

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You have Manley Pro I-beam rods right? Are they they lightweight version or standard?

Yes and standard weigh.t

Just to clarify, I have been running the Lightweight Pro series rods. I thought they were the STD weight, but I was wrong. I ordered 2 STD weight rods to replace the damaged ones from last time and they are WAY beefier.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Ok, got it but any idea on why this happened? (Mason's)

Intake valve stem broke on cylinder number one, then theam hit the rocker which in turn hit the lifter and broke the oil galley out in the head.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I have been running the Lightweight Pro series rods. I thought they were the STD weight, but I was wrong. I ordered 2 STD weight rods to replace the damaged ones from last time and they are WAY beefier.

Interesting. I'm also running the lightweight. What did you use for the new stock stroke crank? STD weight of course are heavier, by now they should also have the 300M series.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm also running the lightweight. What did you use for the new stock stroke crank? STD weight of course are heavier, by now they should also have the 300M series.

I have the Lightweight now in the motor. After seeing the STD weight rods, I ordered a set to build another stroker, maybe a Big bore, IDK.

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
I almost hate to ask, but what's up with the car?? I always check for an update on this thread.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I almost hate to ask, but what's up with the car?? I always check for an update on this thread.

Its still running and I dont know describe it , but Im bored with it. I go make pulls and it " No longer makes my hands shake".

Maybe its the fact that there is a Big Bore build in the works. IDK

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Its still running and I dont know describe it , but Im bored with it. I go make pulls and it " No longer makes my hands shake".

Drink a pot of coffee before you drive it.:insane:

I do know what you mean though. "Chasing the high" is tough with straight line stuff because it gets crazy expensive really fast. That's one of the reasons I like going around corners. You don't need a ton of money to scare the crap out of yourself at the road course.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Drink a pot of coffee before you drive it.:insane:

I do know what you mean though. "Chasing the high" is tough with straight line stuff because it gets crazy expensive really fast. That's one of the reasons I like going around corners. You don't need a ton of money to scare the crap out of yourself at the road course.
I have thought about road racing, just requires a completely different car then what I have now. Maybe I just need to get back to a track of any kind. Not to mention all the work I have done to the kids car instead of focusing on mine. Then there is the constant fear of something breaking and having to fix shit.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Spent the afternoon pulling the trans out of the kids car... Drove mine to the convenience store and back... Lol

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score

Funny how that happens. I remember telling my friends I didn't think my 01 was that fast. They would basically call me stupid.

I'm curious about your big bore build. I've been thinking about starting the work on mine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back