Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I'm interested to learn more about your wiring, I'm running an FC3 also, and 4 awg power and ground wires to feed it.
I'm going to tackle this tomorrow since the kids stuff is done. I only have a 8 ga wire feeding the three pumps from the firewall to the trunk IIRC. Im sure that is the issue.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'm going to tackle this tomorrow since the kids stuff is done. I only have a 8 ga wire feeding the three pumps from the firewall to the trunk IIRC. Im sure that is the issue.

That's definitely not enough IMO, my 4 awg only runs about 3 feet to the battery in the trunk, and I only have 2 pumps lol!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Im happy to report that my fuel issues are gone!

I only had 8ga wire feeding all three pumps from the fuse box location under my glove box. This seemed to work while they were in my fuel tank but when I moved the pumps to the trunk in the fuel cell, it was an issue. Im sure it was not helping things while they were in the stock tank as well, but with all my fuel system components being so large, they made up for the lack of voltage I guess. You can see in the second pic how the wire feeding two of my pumps had started to melt.

I now have 4ga wire going to the controller and new 12ga wires from the pumps to the controller.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Forgot to add that I also finally got the car to hook on the road today. Made a data log pull from 70 mph to 118 mph in the 2.9 second range on the log. Car pulls pretty hard, I only had 15 psi in the DRs and the heat was there. Felt pretty good to get a solid road pull in.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
nice!

That discoloration of the power wire was a very good indication of the wire being too small and running hot.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wowser, dodged a bullet there for sure.

I decided to have the lean protection module wired in when I have the triple pumps installed with the whipple.

Screw losing a pump and the motor.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Wowser, dodged a bullet there for sure.

I decided to have the lean protection module wired in when I have the triple pumps installed with the whipple.

Screw losing a pump and the motor.

This is great, I'm definitely going to put one of these in as well when I go to a triple pump setup.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
LOL, I bought mine on special a while back, but that would have been some serious inflation! :)

It's on the way now. I wish this was on my car 3 motors ago... lol

I feel good about the setup in there now, just can never be too through.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back