longtube install

Markiemarks197

forum member
Reaction score
Well im pretty much stumped on whats going on here

I picked up a set of used longtubes...to be believed JBA now no stamping was present but i compared pictures and flange ends and thats pretty much the only brand i could connect it to

Well only problems i ran into where the passenger side motor mount got shaved down to clear tubbing coming from cyl#2 so i took a grinder to it i fixed that.

Now 2nd problem i cant lift the engine any higher then what i had it because the header hits the floor board. Im pretty much at the point where im just going to take them off and sell them idk what the deal is with them

5.ohmygod

Reaction score
Remove the transmission cross member and rotate down a little?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I found the sweet spot and "rolled" them into place with only mm to spare. Like putting a puzzle together. It had to roll into place just right.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Push motor all the way to the side one way. Put header on. Push motor all the way to the other side. Put other header on.

I fucking hate headers.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I lifted the driver side up off the motor mount and disconnected the steering rack. Passenger side i lifted it off the mount, removed the starter, and removed the mount from the side of the block. It was just easier to me then trying to shoehorn where it didnt look like it would fit.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I lifted the driver side up off the motor mount and disconnected the steering rack. Passenger side i lifted it off the mount, removed the starter, and removed the mount from the side of the block. It was just easier to me then trying to shoehorn where it didnt look like it would fit.

Fuck headers:party36:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
exactly, if i do another header swap in my car, that damn engine is being removed while im at it. square peg in round hole

Markiemarks197

forum member
Reaction score
Yes srry guys for the late update i threw the cherry picker on it and got it going

Only thing im scared of right now is the shaving i had to do to the motor mount bracket

Tmrw im taking it to muffler shop throw my hpipe back on with my muffler deletes for now now and work on the delete plug install next and then my cams

Phil1098

Reaction score
Seems more a function of brand, my Kooks fit better than I had hoped. Still had to remove motor mounts, jack the engine, move the A/C compressor, fatigued neck muscles til I had to prop my head up.............like DOB says, fuck headers. I'm glad they are there, but fun they are not.

Thinkkker

Reaction score
Lift it, remove the motor mount on each side. Then put header in, Reinstall mount, then move header up. Some of the headers will block the body side mount nut, so install with header halfway in.

Markiemarks197

forum member
Reaction score
Yessir they where in as of yesterday morning today i got the xpipe put on...shes nice and tame just need to finish the wiring for the wideband and install my lower control arms as well and do some book reading on installing the cams my self lol

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
Push motor all the way to the side one way. Put header on. Push motor all the way to the other side. Put other header on.

I fucking hate headers.
I will never do a pair of headers again biggest Pita ever... Then when I got them in biggest leak in the world my neighbors loved me for that week

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yes srry guys for the late update i threw the cherry picker on it and got it going

Only thing im scared of right now is the shaving i had to do to the motor mount bracket

Tmrw im taking it to muffler shop throw my hpipe back on with my muffler deletes for now now and work on the delete plug install next and then my cams

I might have dinged the headers before removing too much material from the mount bracket. Not really understanding that one though. Seems like a poor design. My headers were the least inexpensive ones you can get and had zero fitment problems.

Nicu7

forum member
Reaction score
Off topic. But does anyone know the proper torqueing pattern for long tube header bolts on a 06 s197? I searched in found different answers each time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back