Mike Dellisanit New World Record Fastest Supercharged (Non-Centri)

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
482455_10151538442050139_1318224518_n.jpg

World's Fastest and Quickest 3V with (non-centri) Supercharger

Mike did some testing on his new combination. We are after the goal of fastest Supercharged 3V period. I noticed this is the fastest of the non centri blowers. His car is also doing it on a smaller engine blower combination than most! :naughty1:

Mike's car has the same combination as our 2007 Roush Drag pack car, in fact most of the parts on his car came from that. We have plans to do a coyote swap with the Drag pack so Ill keep you guys informed when we do! The engine is our JDM Engineering 302 E stroker Longblock complete with our CNC Race ported 3v Cylinder heads, oversize valves, and custom grind Comp camshafts. The cams are locked out and degreed in with a set of billet adjustable cam phaser lock outs. The engine was built for Mikes car in house by our engine builders Tommy Martino and Matt Kennedy. Im sure most of you can notice we changed the front accessory drive on the engine as well. We relocated the alternator to the passenger side with a kit we designed for the Cobra jets a couple years back. Also deleted Power steering and AC. We have a Thumperr Tensioner, electric water pump, ATI balancer, and 10 Rib Shelby GT500 supercharger pulley on top. The car makes just under 20 psi boost with this pulley combination. We shortened up the belt length considerably by doing all this which has been great for preventing any belt slippage.

The Roush TVS supercharger has a Ford Racing Super Cobra Jet monoblade throttle body and Ford GT Supercar inlet boot that mates up the a Ford Racing Cobra Jet 123mm MAF housing.
This combination helps to maximize airflow into the supercharger. The car runs factory ignition coils and Ford Racing 12mm spark plugs gapped at .024" on an otherwise stock ignition system. The car gets fuel via 80lb/hr fuel injectors, stock rails & fuel lines, and a GT500 fuel system. Nothing more. The car does run VP C16 racing fuel which helps protect against detonation at these high boost/power levels. We run Kooks 1 3/4" - 3" Longtube headers, a 3" Catless H pipe, and a 3" Magnaflow Catback exhaust. 4.30 gears are in the stock 8.8 housing with welded axle tubes, Detroit Locker, and upgraded Axles. Running Hoosier 30x9x15 Full slicks on 15" Bogart wheels all around.

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Very nice...Out of curiosity, what do IAT's look like going through the traps?

Also, what does the ca weight in at?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice...Out of curiosity, what do IAT's look like going through the traps?

Also, what does the ca weight in at?

Car is just a tad over 3500lbs with driver

Not sure about the IAT's but we are not running a heat exchanger. We deleted that and just have an ice tank, because race car!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike just broke his own record at the NMRA event in Maryland this weekend running a 9.08@152!!! He is shifting 2nd gear and the front wheels are coming back off the ground hurting his ET....guess it's time for wheelie bars

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
That car doesn't need wheelie bars, tighten the front suspension more. Or add some limiter.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a shot of Mike's car at the track this weekend. He layed down his best ET of the event Sunday Morning in first round of eliminations. Only problem was he had a 9.11 dial in and broke out with a 9.08. He actually may have ran a hundreth or two quicker if he didn't lift at the stripe. It caused him to drop 3 MPH going only 149 but his two previous best ET's of the weekend (9.21 and 9.30 were at 152.5 and 152.7 mph!)

The car is 60 footing hard with consistent 1.37 short times. The car has so much lift when it comes off the line that he nearly scrapes the rear bumper! We had to remove weight Sunday morning to hit the dial in time but this thing gets some serious air when we have 150lbs extra ballasted in the trunk to slow up the ET. No one got a good picture but next time out everyone will be looking at this car and I'm sure we'll get shots at it.

If we can't do it before the summer weather kicks in, look for this car to be in the 8's come fall weather!!

417948_10151609023874312_523151022_n.jpg

65612_10151543499570139_1223229132_n.jpg

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We changed a few things on Mikes car recently. Installed the 13-14 Cobra Jet style custom fuel system and 13-14 Cobra Jet weight ballast box. 2" primary headers with 3.5" collector, H pipe, and dumps. Also a larger JDM Cobra Jet cooling Tank. Added a Parachute and installing wheelie bars this week! Mikes car was dynoed last week and picked up about 25 RWHP with the new Exhaust. Our goal is to run 8.90 or better making Mike one of the top 4 Fastest S197 Mustangs in the World as well as the Fastest Supercharged Mustang on the list!!!

1002619_10151828238180139_74571665_n.jpg

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice set up. I really like how you guys did the trunk.

So 9.08 is the best so far? I think that is, in fact, the fastest twin screw 3V that I know of. Anything faster is either turbo or a twinscrew 4V.

Is Mike a member here?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice set up. I really like how you guys did the trunk.

So 9.08 is the best so far? I think that is, in fact, the fastest twin screw 3V that I know of. Anything faster is either turbo or a twinscrew 4V.

Is Mike a member here?

Mike doesn't post on the forums but I try to share his car here because he doesn't. I believe it is the fastest non centri style blower in the country as well. Its not twin screw its TVS, faster than the bigger twin screws! The little bitty 2.3L that could!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back