My buddy's 2v build

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my friend's is going to get his car dyno tuned tomorrow evening. We've been waiting a long time for this day, as it's taken almost 2 years to build his motor. Mostly due to life issues (got married, having his first kid, buying a house, ect.,). We fired it up for the first time last week, it sounds amazing. We were sitting around BS'ing tonight and started trying to guess how much power he'll make to the tire, where his peak will be, where power falls off, and justifying our guesses based on his build.

I don't have his build memorized to exact spec, but here's what I've got:

-Teksid Block bored .20" over
-Cobra Crank
-Manley Rods
-JE Pistons (Flat Top)
-Ported stock 2v PI heads w/oversized titanium valves and manley high compression springs (can't remember specifics, I know they're ported to the hilt, they benched 228 or 238 CFM @.600" lift (I) and like 183 (E), also had the bowl worked a bit) port matched to the intake/exhaust gaskets.
-Bullet Cams (Custom Grind 278 intake duration .550" lift can't remember the exhaust specs or LSA, Bullet rates them at a stage 3.5 cam. It cams hard at 1000/rpm) Degreed the cams ourselves
-12:1 Compression (give or take, can't remember what the head shop said it was after working the bowl, it didn't lose much though)
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake Manifold (also PNP/gasket matched)
-1/4" Edelbrock Nitrous Fogger plate
-Edelbrock 90mm Intake Plenum
-Accufab 80mm TB
-Custom JLT intake w/90mm Lightning MAF
-39lb Injectors w/Twin Ford GT FP, Cobra hat/tank, beefed up cobra FPDM
-CAM Long Tube headers 1 5/8" Primary tubes
-Magnaflow True X pipe to Spin Tech/Roush side exhaust 2 1/2"

The edelbrock shit was a pain in the ass for modular 2v setup. The intake manifold is no sweat, direct bolt on, but that giant 90mm plenum and running a Fox 80mm TB we had to make a custom throttle linkage system, new throttle cable, and cut the hell out of a JLT CAI just to get all the intake/throttle system to work. IAC relocate and rewire the Fox TPS to a 2v modular. It's all clean and sick as shit all said and done but what a pain.

All this, and we hope to see it make around 330-370rwhp on 91 octane.

I'm the one that was guessing around 360-370 at around 6700 rpm. This is comparing my motor to his. I just can't see a fully built high compression N/A 2v not making more power than my setup. His ported heads and cams alone outflow my shitty .450" lift stock 3v heads. Another 2 points of compression, everything is gasket matched, he's .20" over and sleeved. His heads flow about what a set of none ported Trick Flow's flow.

It makes what it makes, but what do you guy's think he'll put down based on what little lacking detail specs I gave?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back