Play time is over you M'Fers.

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by psfracer, Dec 30, 2013.

1. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

So my 1221 guess might be pretty close?????

2. swflastang05

swflastang05 Back for More

Wow, I'm at a loss for words! :insane:

3. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

That right there is badass! Nice job!

4. psfracer

psfracer billy badass Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Fuck I know....so frustrating.

I think the final numbers will be really close to that.

Thanks!

5. 46addict

46addict 13726548

I might have missed it in between posts but would you care to fill us in on what the mishap was about? I'm another one in your long list of followers in this thread and just curious as to what happened. I like reading build/progress threads like this.

6. psfracer

psfracer billy badass Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

I was racing at Street Car Super Nationals in Las Vegas and lost rod #7 at about 1,000 feet. Anyway the rod went out the oil pan so (at the time) I was able to reuse the block, and the entire top end was ok except for 2 bent valves. Had those replaced but then sold everything up top (carb, intake, heads, valve train, nitrous system, cam, valve covers, etc).

Best the old motor did (single 4 dominator) was 9.16 @ 149mph on motor only and 8.57 @ 158.78 mph on a 250 shot of N20.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  7. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Senior Member S197 Team Member

What an engine [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

T.

8. psfracer

Yep that motor lasted 3 years. Would have lasted longer if I would have just stuck with the 150 shot, but you know how that goes.......

9. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Senior Member S197 Team Member

Actually I do know ............

My set-up is in no-way anything remotely like what you have that's for sure but.

I have many times thought maybe I should have simply stopped when mine was around the 600 RWHP.

Since mine is where it is today, it's been truthfully nothing but and on going never ending freaking headache, both mentally as well as certainly financially.

Terry

10. psfracer

[​IMG]

Hole in my $1K carbon fiber hood done :shrug: lol. Now at least I can put the hood on. Need to put on the driver's side fiber carbon door on now.

Will go with the Innovative Scoop -- all though I didn't want to run one at all but that will be the next choice to keep the height down.

11. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Will you run a air cleaner?

12. psfracer

No don't plan to. But a scoop, with the foam plug will keep dust/dirt from the carbs between rounds and while in transport.

13. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Gotcha

14. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Wow...why do I now have a huge boner! That motor's amazing!

15. psfracer

Just so there is no confusion -- the motor this time around is shown on post #251. The other one pictured was the first motor that I put in.

16. 46addict

46addict 13726548

How many cubes on the original motor?

17. psfracer

281 cid........:yaoface:

ok, ok...572 cid. This new one is now 604 cid

18. Smalls5oh

Smalls5oh forum member

Can you post pics of the doors when they are complete? Build looks amazing.

Who did you get your doors from?

19. psfracer

Greg @ Ultra Carbon. I got them from a guy who bought them but then never put them on his car. He is not taking any more orders at this point until he catches up, but he may know others where he shipped them but were never used.

Here is the passenger door. I still need to drop it about 1/8 of an inch, then it will be perfect. On the inside I retained the door panel, but no power windows or stereo, just the door handle (inside/outside).

[​IMG]

20. 05moneypit

05moneypit forum member

Those doors have a lexan window flange on them?

I'm still waiting on mine...17 months now, glad I'm not in a hurry:disgust:.

Car looks really good!!