Torq supercharger tune review

HellFire

Reaction score
So long story short, I ended up going with a canned Torq Speedlabs tune for my 2012 Whipple supercharged 5.0. Mods include just a JLT 123mm twin screw cold air, and a Magnaflow street catback. Stock H pipe is still on for volume and smell reasons lol. The kit is the 624 kit, by the way.

Getting the Ford Racing tune was easy. It was a great tune with stock-drivability yet left a TON to be desired. I could barely break lose with in 1st on WOT. (Keep in mind I am using Potenza RE-11s). The blower was quiet with the stock airbox, but the car pulled much harder. Revs were limited, as was power I could tell. I contacted Brenspeed for a tune and they said it would be no problem. 5 or 6 days went by after being refunded for a "rush lead time", and still nothing. They weren't ready to release the tune. Okay, I said, I need something at least before I head up to Ford Nationals on Thursday.

I contacted Eric and Paul at Torq, and they were VERY friendly. Eric assured me that the tune could be done in 24 hours and done right. After reading lots of good reviews and some okay ones, I was just slightly skeptical. Tonight at around 9PM, I received the tune.

Wow. Just ungodly wow. What a difference. I was at a complete loss of words at how good Paul is at tuning. Drivability is BUTTER at partial throttle, idle is next to perfect and WOT is like a silky smooth blast of power. The blower screams and it destroys Ford's dinky tune. Low end power is dialed back a little for fuel economy reasons (thank god), and mid end is strong. Throttle response is DEAD on and far exceeds even my tune from Bama as it's not too jumpy yet not dead either. I can cruise at partial throttle without a hint of hesitation, even if I blip the pedal. It drives like a dream. Want to know the best part? This all happened on the first tune sent. No datalogging. I cant even think of anything that needs to be worked out. And this is on forced induction, nonetheless.

So, MASSIVE shout out to Paul and Eric at Torq, and thanks Paul for the incredible 10/10 tune. Your going to get a lot of free advertising at Ford Nationals this weekend as I couldn't be happier with the tune.

Welcoming comments or questions. :thumb:

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Should still datalog it ...need to make sure your timing ,afr's and other parameters are good and congrats on tuning happiness

HellFire

Reaction score
Should still datalog it ...need to make sure your timing ,afr's and other parameters are good and congrats on tuning happiness

I'm actually going to my buddy's dyno tomorrow after Ford Nationals. We'll read AFR for sure.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm actually going to my buddy's dyno tomorrow after Ford Nationals. We'll read AFR for sure.

You can datalog air fuel at any time with the sct programmer too. Tells you exactly what the widebands are picking up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
this might be a dumb question, but the whipple void ford warranty?

Im asking bc if lets say you purchased a blower with ford warranty and ran someone elses tune. can they tell when you bring it in to the dealership?

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
this might be a dumb question, but the whipple void ford warranty?

Im asking bc if lets say you purchased a blower with ford warranty and ran someone elses tune. can they tell when you bring it in to the dealership?

Yes they can tell, and yes it will void the warranty.
Warranty is only available for the 525hp kit with Ford's tune.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
As a customer of Torq also I would like to say that the best part of the Tunes you receive from Torq is driveability. Anyone can make power. Paul prides himself on driveability and power throughout the RPM range. That makes a huge difference.

HellFire

Reaction score
Amazing event. I spread the word to multiple people and got them interested!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back