Worst motor grenade ever seen!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well you know, cracked radiator supports (copies), shitty coil packs, and well many other issues. What do you expect?

Granatelli

forum member
Reaction score
This is Joe Granatelli - yes

I agree there are a lot of threads where we get bashed. That’s what I get for sticking up for myself. I have been warned a billion times that as a manufacturer you need to not let people get under your skin. I failed at that.

There are also a ton of threads where People say great things about us. Our install business is 24/7. It typically requires a 2 week appointment to bring your car to us and we pride ourselves on 100% customer happiness.

But I am not here as a vender, just a guy tryng to lend a hand or helpfull word

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Unless Joe tuned this guy's car, or he installed the grenades, I don't see why this needs to a hate fest against him or his company.

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
So what you saying is after 3 years this guy managed to get under your skin enough from posts on an internet forum that you all are still are holding a grudge. Thats sad.

I don't like a lot of people either, doesn't mean that they might not have valuable input.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what you saying is after 3 years this guy managed to get under your skin enough from posts on an internet forum that you all are still are holding a grudge. Thats sad.

I don't like a lot of people either, doesn't mean that they might not have valuable input.

There's more to it than what you seem to think. Maybe take time to learn what the story is :thumb2:

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
Search complete. So essentially people are pissed because they bought parts that didn't work or caused issues. There are some parts you can get away with buying with less than OEM tolerances, and there are some you cannot. People are also upset because they believe he is a retailer selling knock off parts made in China. And because he tries to defend himself and his business on various forums regardless if he is paying for a vendor spot.

There are not really any parts dealers that make the parts they sell. The startup costs to create a mustang parts business who is also equipped to build their own parts with the necessary metal stamping, rolling, cnc machines, warehouse space, manufacturing space, production equipment, electronics, software, etc. would be well into the millions not to mention the costs to secure the raw materials and feed a supply you can't initially predict. I'm sure they behave the way other retailers do, buy whole sale parts and resell them. Or they develop a design, purchase tooling, and find a supplier who is equipped to make it, assemble it, and print their name on it for them...and then sell it to you.

Some parts dealers just do a better job than others at securing good suppliers and logistics management. And some sacrifice quality in order to move more product by selling to a market who makes more price orientated buying decisions. No different than any other market place.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
k, how long till we get more engine gore from this guys poor grenaded engine? would love to see the bores etc

Granatelli

forum member
Reaction score

Search complete. So essentially people are pissed because they bought parts that didn't work or caused issues. There are some parts you can get away with buying with less than OEM tolerances, and there are some you cannot. People are also upset because they believe he is a retailer selling knock off parts made in China. And because he tries to defend himself and his business on various forums regardless if he is paying for a vendor spot.

There are not really any parts dealers that make the parts they sell. The startup costs to create a mustang parts business who is also equipped to build their own parts with the necessary metal stamping, rolling, cnc machines, warehouse space, manufacturing space, production equipment, electronics, software, etc. would be well into the millions not to mention the costs to secure the raw materials and feed a supply you can't initially predict. I'm sure they behave the way other retailers do, buy whole sale parts and resell them. Or they develop a design, purchase tooling, and find a supplier who is equipped to make it, assemble it, and print their name on it for them...and then sell it to you.

Some parts dealers just do a better job than others at securing good suppliers and logistics management. And some sacrifice quality in order to move more product by selling to a market who makes more price orientated buying decisions. No different than any other market place.

All excellent points

I don’t remember when the whole made in China things started but whatever. Its really a sad state of affairs. Again we have been selling essentially the same parts dating back to 1982. All the guys that have come and gone out of business that claim we copied then did just that. They came after us and many are gone now. Some are still doing great. We believe the market is big enough for everyone. Many copies have no warranty on their parts - we have, in many cases, a lifetime warranty. That should speak as to our commitment to the industry.

We support many websites, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Audi and Mercedes. We can’t possible pay to be a vender for all. Also I was asked to come here and review this thread or I never would have found it. Just because I own Granatelli Motor Sports should not mean I need to pay to come to it. I am still an enthusiast and still able to give valid information that helps everyone. – I hope.

Granatelli Makes most of the parts we sell in house. All the suspension parts are Made here in America - FACT

Granatelli

forum member
Reaction score
:crazy:
And now you understand why its not worth coming here to argue. The Only one that comes off looking bad is the manufacturer. I came here to help or at least read what happened. As soon as I commented I got sucked into more BS. Had I been a chicken and logged in as XYZ-person and concealed my name it would be fine and I could post XY,000 times with no problem. I have never tried to hide. I only want to help people. Perhaps that is why we are still growing after 70 years in the business

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
:crazy:
And now you understand why its not worth coming here to argue. The Only one that comes off looking bad is the manufacturer. I came here to help or at least read what happened. As soon as I commented I got sucked into more BS. Had I been a chicken and logged in as XYZ-person and concealed my name it would be fine and I could post XY,000 times with no problem. I have never tried to hide. I only want to help people. Perhaps that is why we are still growing after 70 years in the business

Some hold a grudge longer than others. And some hold grudges that aren't theirs to hold. That's stupid. Anyone with that mindset should simply be ignored. I just disagreed with you on that turbo vs other fi and ignorance vs stupidity levels lol.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully GMS has done more to help their customers than they did back in 2007. Yep i hold a grudge. I remember who helps and who doesnt. Last post on this. Joe can pm me more if he really wants to know.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember when the whole made in China things started but whatever. Its really a sad state of affairs. Again we have been selling essentially the same parts dating back to 1982. All the guys that have come and gone out of business that claim we copied then did just that. They came after us and many are gone now. Some are still doing great. We believe the market is big enough for everyone. Many copies have no warranty on their parts - we have, in many cases, a lifetime warranty. That should speak as to our commitment to the industry.

We support many websites, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Audi and Mercedes. We can’t possible pay to be a vender for all. Also I was asked to come here and review this thread or I never would have found it. Just because I own Granatelli Motor Sports should not mean I need to pay to come to it. I am still an enthusiast and still able to give valid information that helps everyone. – I hope.

Granatelli Makes most of the parts we sell in house. All the suspension parts are Made here in America - FACT

Who pointed you here?

You comment about your company "assitsing" or selling parts then yea, you neede to be a vendor.

Granatelli

forum member
Reaction score
I received an email saying look at this link

On3 meets 3v, predictable results:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121002

So I clicked on it.

Customer was looking to purchase a long block as asked how to avoid what happened to this gentleman.

I replied and here we are:thumb2:

Happy to be a supporting vender - just don't trouble.

Again just becuase I am in teh car business should not preclude me from going to car websites without having to pay:thanks1:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I received an email saying look at this link

On3 meets 3v, predictable results:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121002

So I clicked on it.

Customer was looking to purchase a long block as asked how to avoid what happened to this gentleman.

I replied and here we are:thumb2:

Happy to be a supporting vender - just don't trouble.

Again just becuase I am in teh car business should not preclude me from going to car websites without having to pay:thanks1:

And the customers answer is posted many times.

Agreed you don't have to be a SV, as long as you don't promote your business there are no issues, I'm sure you appreciate that we have vendors that support the site to promote theirs.

Have a good weekend yourself.

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
k, how long till we get more engine gore from this guys poor grenaded engine? would love to see the bores etc

Good point, well I finally caught up with him today, and he did pick up another long block and installed it already, and brought the car to a local shop to tune it this time. However there's some confusion related to the HPX MAF that reportedly came with the kit vs having to buy a MAFiA as well as fuel system issues before the shop will even attempt to try to tune that car. They will have to figure that shit out, I again recommended LITO so we shall see, I think he's pretty much tapped out of funding now though, lol. I'll see if I can maybe get some more pics this weekend of the carnage, and post them up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back