Worth it for the n/a guys? You decide...

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I brought my car to RET the other day to get my CMCV deletes installed and get the car retuned. I kept hearing about how you lose some power and torque at the low end, and I was kinda skeptical about doing this. I had a base rune of 301.63 hp and 312.32 tq. After the install, I ended up with 306.03 hp and 317.40 tq. Not a huge improvement, but I was very surprised that my new tunes curve was higher throughout. I lost zero power anywhere. In fact I gained. I will post my dyno graph when I get the cable to my camera later on.

I would also like to thank Greg, again. I always have a great experience when I go there. And there seems to be a ton of people coming by just to shoot the shit. And no talk of blown engines.

It was great to meet you, too, Ed.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think so too - I almost feel a turbo lag when I go WOT at lower RPMs...once it hits a certain RPM, I feel a distinct difference when the plates fully open. I think they're a good idea at partial throttle, loping around...but not when you punch it.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is a tune needed when you remove the plates, or were you going to get a tune anyhow? I had considered doing the delete option myself, but not if it needs a tune.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think so too - I almost feel a turbo lag when I go WOT at lower RPMs...once it hits a certain RPM, I feel a distinct difference when the plates fully open. I think they're a good idea at partial throttle, loping around...but not when you punch it.

I know what you mean, I feel it too. You can actually hear and feel it when it really picks up.

S

swoosh-stang

Your pull starts at like 3200, you wouldn't notice a reduction in torque at that high of a RPM.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For the price of the delete plates you can't beat the gains. As far as losing torque at or near idle, who cares? That's not when you need it.

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
I thought they were worth it when I did mine. I have heard that you lose low-end power with these but every dyno-graph I have seen with them, the cars did not lose anywhere. Your peak gain was 5 RWHP, but it looks like you gained 10 in spots...

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the point of the CM plates is for partial throttle application, which where 80% of the buyers spend their time. Probably only 20 drive WOT like we do.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the tuning as I am about to add mine. Does it need a special tune?

I have a CAI and tune from Steeda and last I heard was that the same tune could be used for the delete plates. Is this true or is a different tune needed for it?

Thanks

QS

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It should be a different tune for delete plates. Your tuner may have came with the tune though.

TexStang

Reaction score
I heard once upon a time of a guy's mileage dropping really steeply after the install of these...is that just a fairy tale?

jumpinjoe

Used up has been
Reaction score
I averaged 23.9 mpg coming back from RET doing about 75mph.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back