A Little Observation of the Coyote's Exhaust Note

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
It's all personal preference. LS motors do sound good, but I personally think that SOHC mod motors sound better and pushrod small block Fords sound the best, period.

High compression 347 build with a nasty cam, off-road H-pipe, and Flowmasters does it for me.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I know someone who had a new SS with Borla LTs and an off road x(forgot what mufflers) and the rasp could hang with any modular motor.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
There are definitely some LS Motors that sound REALLY good. My buddy's LS1 Camaro with magnapacks sounds damn good. I've also heard a lot of Camaros that sound like absolute ASS.

What really irks the piss out of me is RASP. Trumpeting rasp sounds like absolute ass. You can get any motor to sound that way but some are more prone to it than others.

What I LOVE about the new 5.0L's is the burbly exhaust that just begs to be stepped on. If I can get that classic Mustang Burble out of my 3V I'll probably never exit my car. The 5.0L's have it from the factory and with Pypebombs sound amazing with no other changes to the exhaust.

Great video showing the sound I like:

Last edited:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
There are definitely some LS Motors that sound REALLY good. My buddy's LS1 Camaro with magnapacks sounds damn good. I've also heard a lot of Camaros that sound like absolute ASS.

What really irks the piss out of me is RASP. Trumpeting rasp sounds like absolute ass. You can get any motor to sound that way but some are more prone to it than others.

What I LOVE about the new 5.0L's is the burbly exhaust that just begs to be stepped on. If I can get that classic Mustang Burble out of my 3V I'll probably never exit my car. The 5.0L's have it from the factory and with Pypebombs sound amazing with no other changes to the exhaust.

Great video showing the sound I like:

Want burble?

I've had a Bullitt H pipe with FR500s on my car for 4 months now, and I still get the biggest grin on my face when the windows are down and I can hear it.

Whiskey11

Reaction score
Want burble?

I've had a Bullitt H pipe with FR500s on my car for 4 months now, and I still get the biggest grin on my face when the windows are down and I can hear it.

Those sound pretty good, not going to lie. This also sounds good:

Problem is that I can't be louder than 98db and somewhere in the line has to be a set of Long Tubes Headers... I've heard the Roush Extreme Catback with LT's and it is WAY TO LOUD and it sounds like poo (raaaaasp and tinny sound). All of that has to fit around this thing:

9659850930_7a751458bd_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74754015@N03/9659850930/

Which doesn't leave much room to really work with for mid mounted resonators.

Kinda in a shitty position for exhaust! :p

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the 5.0s sound damn good

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
3v > coyote in this respect. Coyotes sound like shit. I have not heard one street setup in person that comes close to what a good 3v sounds like.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
3v > coyote in this respect. Coyotes sound like shit. I have not heard one street setup in person that comes close to what a good 3v sounds like.

Agreed. I have went thru several setups on my Coyote, none sounds near as good as my 3v. I had or h and frrp stingers. It sounded amazing.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the real problem is that all the #8 pistons on the coyote motors have holes in them, so the exhaust is going to be crappy. that's all there is to it.

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
My bro has a coyote and I have a 3v, both with the same exhaust mods. Both of us agree my 3v sounds better. That being said, I personally think the 2 valve mod motor Mustang sounds fantastic. Much better than mine. I'd rather go fast than sound good, though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
I also went through a few exhaust combo's. Love my Mac LT's with pro-camber mid pipe and magna-flow cats backs. No rasp or drone. FTW

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The best sound to my ears no matter how much I love how my car sounds is a 2v.. they just have that hollow throaty sound the 3v's can't seem to fully get.

Whiskey11

Reaction score
The best sound to my ears no matter how much I love how my car sounds is a 2v.. they just have that hollow throaty sound the 3v's can't seem to fully get.

Hollow and throaty, just the way I don't like it! :p To each their own... a 3V with an X-Pipe or a 5.0 with an X-pipe, they both sound like someone is puking and ripping ass while inside a large tin can. No thanks. Give me the full, deep, burbling exhaust note of a domestic V8 any day. Just got to find a way to make it all fit! :)

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
When I got my car, I had planned on getting it to sound something like this:

I now know that it is just impossible to have that, and that is something that I have to be OK with. I have been told that my Mustang is the best sounding Mustang that a few people have heard with compliments, and it definitely turns some heads when I drive by, but to me it is just OK. Not the best, not the worst.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back