Better to sell car whole or part out?

05yellowgt

Reaction score
The time may have come where I need to get out of the car scene for a while and focus on the two little bundles of joy that my wife is due with in Feb. Do you think I'd get the best bang for my buck by parting the car out or trying to sell it whole?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
part out....you wont get your money back out of it by selling it as a whole. At least if you part of your gonna get some back on top of what you get for the car.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I'd also need to either get some stock parts back in deals or buy some stock parts (like a shortblock and transmission, clutch, driveshaft, and shifter). I've got all the suspension pieces and stock exhaust in the garage.

I've got quite a few big ticket items on the car (302 shortblock, 6060, twin disc clutch, $2000 fuel system, F1A Procharger kit), but are they going to bring in chump change in today's markets? I guess my biggest thing is whether its worth that hassle.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go back in time and either wear a condom, put your wife on the pill, or both.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
If the car is paid for (which it should be, with all that stuff done to it) why not just keep it ? you will lose big time getting rid of it.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
If the car is paid for (which it should be, with all that stuff done to it) why not just keep it ? you will lose big time getting rid of it.
I have well over $70,000 including the cost of the car by the time you count the 3 different transmission combos I've had in the car and the various repairs and upgrades I've gone through since 05. I know I'll never get anywhere near what has been put into it. I'm wanting to pay my truck off (I owe $23,000) so I can eliminate a $500/month truck payment.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
post it up for sale and work your way down. either way you will have to cut your losses, but a build like yours should get you enough to pay your truck off and pocket some extra $$$.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depending on your timeframe, I'd put the entire car up for sale first to see if you can get any bites. If not, part it out. People are always looking for stuff like you have at the right price. As long as you can come acceptably close to the number you are looking for, it's a win IMO.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Well take some advice from my dad, you may love your new kids, but one day you will regret selling your car.

If I were you, I'd get another job.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trust me, dont sell. That car will be your only form of sanity once the kids come. Fuck, I would just go out and sit in my car in the garage and ask myself what in ta hell I was thinking getting married and having a kid:stooges:

If you must sell, sell it on the open market with mods first, see what you can get. DOnt try and trade it in to a dealership modded. If you have to trade it in, return it to stock..

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That car will be your only form of sanity once the kids come. Fuck, I would just go out and sit in my car in the garage and ask myself what in ta hell I was thinking getting married and having a kid:stooges:

Wow,I'm not the only guy who has done this.....:thumb2:

We are not alone, lol..Hell, my kid is a little over 2 years old now. And the few times a month a drive my car I get to go to my happy place..

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
I got my son to 11 years old and calm,,,,then this wild haired mental terrorist of a 2 year old little girl came along..Joking though, love my kids and my car..OP good luck with the sale either way you choose to go.If it came down to my childrens well being and my car the kids,,,I mean the car would go.LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back