Flapjack's 5.4L Twin Turbo Build Thread

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Thanks for all the subs. Hilarious about MMR... looks like they've pissed a few people here off.

I inventoried all the new fuel system parts everything to make sure I was ready to go when I start tearing the old system out. Everything has been coated for E85 use, so the parts are a little duller than they would normally look.

Also, I ordered Bosch 105lb EV14/2005+ injectors, but they look really small. They're definitely smaller than the 24lb stockers I'm running now. I have the JPC intake, but it uses the same size injectors the 05-09 cars use...

Anyways, here are the pics (clickable):

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We've all seen parts before. Show us some pics of the beast in your s197!!

strong_j

TX^SWAG
Reaction score
I have the bosch 105lbs as well and just a heads up they are alittle tricky to tune. Theres little to no flow data for them.

You'll have the exact same fuel setup as me. Triple pump, 105 lb, with e85 going thru it. :) good luck with the build bud. My whole build is from MMR and it was the biggest headache of my life. >:-/

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I am going to be running E85 and didn't hear or know anything about a coating for it. Please elaborate

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
The factory fuel system should be fine, but if you plan on using an aftermarket fuel system (which I think is billet), you'll need those parts to be coated. Lethal Performance does it.... not sure who else does.

Basically, the fuel rails, y-blocks, fuel pressure regulator and triple pump hat all needed to be coated. Maybe more... that's just what I remember, off the top of my head.

You could call and talk to Christy at Lethal. She knows all about it.

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
The factory fuel system should be fine, but if you plan on using an aftermarket fuel system (which I think is billet), you'll need those parts to be coated. Lethal Performance does it.... not sure who else does.

Basically, the fuel rails, y-blocks, fuel pressure regulator and triple pump hat all needed to be coated. Maybe more... that's just what I remember, off the top of my head.

You could call and talk to Christy at Lethal. She knows all about it.

I've got plenty of friends that run E85 and I have never heard of this...

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I've got plenty of friends that run E85 and I have never heard of this...
Ethanol is corrosive. You will have oxidized metal mixing with your fuel over time. I'm not saying it'll be like dropping an alkaseltzer in water, but it will happen.

Factory parts are mostly plastic nowadays. The stuff that E85 jacks up has been upgraded over the last five or more years since ethanol has replaced MTBE as an oxidizer.

The purpose of E85 in regular fuel is to oxidize. You need to prepare to run it in higher concentrations.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Looks good man, I have been thinking about this swap as well. Are you building it or is it at a shop?
I do all my own install work (minus exhaust), but the kit is a modified version of the twin turbo GT kit sold at turbohorsepower.com

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back