FRPP Hot Rod Cams Group Buy? Anyone?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
True..you may be able to get them cheaper by negotiating with him and if you got pics of the lobes you would be able to verify they were ok.

Did I miss something about them having a problem?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
True..you may be able to get them cheaper by negotiating with him and if you got pics of the lobes you would be able to verify they were ok.

Did I miss something about them having a problem?

No no, I just say that about all used parts--just like used cars, you're buying someone else's problems that may not be obvious. Remember that guy that bought cams that were supposedly hot rods but were stock cams? I couldn't tell the difference, much less what a "good" and "bad" condition cam looks like. I just don't have the know-how and consider it cheap insurance.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Just FYI guys Ford's cost on these I think are around $656 + shipping. So if you can get the $686 shipped no need to beat up a vendor anymore lol they are basically giving them away.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Good grief...you are one of "those" guys who wants everything handed to them....tell you what I will do your research for you....let me find every freaking post about HR cams and provide them to you.

Noobs.....sigh.

Noob...I have been around as long as you, just dont post much on this board!

If it only took you 3 minutes why all the crying. Like I said if you don't want to help then dont respond. It was a simple question. And was more toward the guys in this thread looking for cams as I was.

You did post one link that sort of answered my post but was not one I seen when searching hot rod cams!

Like I said thanks. :beerchug2:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Noob...I have been around as long as you, just dont post much on this board!

If it only took you 3 minutes why all the crying. Like I said if you don't want to help then dont respond. It was a simple question. And was more toward the guys in this thread looking for cams as I was.

You did post one link that sort of answered my post but was not one I seen when searching hot rod cams!

Like I said thanks. :beerchug2:

Wow...crying? Really? How about you being lazy and someone calling you out on it?

I am done with you...you win.:wow:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I do not recommend the HR cams for FI applications, Lightblade started a thread about 2-3 months ago in the tech section that broke down the cam profiles and what works with what...if I remember correctly the HR's LSA/duration were not good for FI...when I installed my Vortech my tuner recommended removing the HR cams for and installing the stock cams as he said the stock cams performed better and were easier to tune than the HR/FI combo.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I do not recommend the HR cams for FI applications, Lightblade started a thread about 2-3 months ago in the tech section that broke down the cam profiles and what works with what...if I remember correctly the HR's LSA/duration were not good for FI...when I installed my Vortech my tuner recommended removing the HR cams for and installing the stock cams as he said the stock cams performed better and were easier to tune than the HR/FI combo.

Suppose I don't care about power and I want the cams "just for sound". Is it safe to run with it?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not!

What type of FI are you going with, who is tuning it and the tuner should be the final authority on it.

Back