I can't hold it in any longer!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Damn, that's bad ass!!!! Too bad you're gonna be looking at it for another year, but nonetheless, it's yours and I'd say skip the blower and go straight to turbos.. :thumb2:

Fuck, and I still need to call Jeremy.. lol. Lunch then call, that's the plan.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea I have to buy soooo many parts for this motor before I can drop it in and right now I don't have the money to swap it before spring.

It feels like im starting all over again

Some things I will need....

Ford racing gt500 64mm to body
Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes with 3" xpipe
Magnapack 3" exhaust system
JLT GT500 carbon fiber cold air kit
Whipple 3.4 blower
Over drive crank pulley
Need to by GT500 computer
Stage 3+ spec clutch and flywheel
Afco heat extractor
Fore fuel rails
60 lb injectors

etc etc etc

Lucky My chassis is ready to go and I already dropped for the best of the best parts

Then once the swap is done I will sell my 3 valve motor complete as a long block to make some money back

Last edited by a moderator:

1FastS197

Reaction score
Yea I have to buy soooo many parts for this motor before I can drop it in and right now I don't have the money to swap it before spring.

It feels like im starting all over again

Some things I will need....

Ford racing gt500 64mm to body
Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes with 3" xpipe
Magnapack 3" exhaust system
JLT GT500 carbon fiber cold air kit
Whipple 3.4 blower
Over drive crank pulley
Need to by GT500 computer
Stage 3+ spec clutch and flywheel
Afco heat extractor
Fore fuel rails
60 lb injectors

etc etc etc

Lucky My chassis is ready to go and I already dropped for the best of the best parts

that blower is gonna be nice... well, i had a friend with a 2.8 KB Mammoth on his GT500 but a guy pulled out in front of him... he swerved to miss the car and it cliped the back of the mustang and spun him around, flipped a couple of times and rolled down a hill... he is okay but the car is toast... i think it made 743 rwhp with a very streetable tune...

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuck it. Put the headers on and put that thing in there now and just build as you go. That's going to be a sick swap. Good luck!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuck it. Put the headers on and put that thing in there now and just build as you go. That's going to be a sick swap. Good luck!

No way sir... All or nothing. Im going for 9's right off the bat and I would rather wait until I have every part before I do the swap.

It sounds messed up but that's how I want to do it.

I wont be putting a cage in it.... well until they tell me never to come back lol

1FastS197

Reaction score
No way sir... All or nothing. Im going for 9's right off the bat and I would rather wait until I have every part before I do the swap.

It sounds messed up but that's how I want to do it.

I wont be putting a cage in it.... well until they tell me never to come back lol

not sure on these cars but a new edge car will twist up like a pretzel when they get in the higher hp without a cage... i know these cars are completely different tho...

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not sure on these cars but a new edge car will twist up like a pretzel when they get in the higher hp without a cage... i know these cars are completely different tho...

I know someone with a GT500 that went 9.80's with a stock 6 speed with a tvs blower. Has no problem's car does not twist as bad as the old 5.0's

1FastS197

Reaction score
I know someone with a GT500 that went 9.80's with a stock 6 speed with a tvs blower. Has no problem's car does not twist as bad as the old 5.0's

thats what i wanted to hear! the previously mentioned GT500 went 7.1's 1/8th mile but would have been much better on a 1/4 mile track...

Ac no lol power steering I want to keep like my current set up

can't say i blame ya there either! damn a manual!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pics of your 86??

my86-2.jpg

Dibs on the FRRP intake from the NA combo!

hahaha that thing isn't going anywhere :roflmao:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
very nice coupe matt....more details? This is the first i've seen you mention anything other than your 05.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That car looks familar, have you always owned it? Very clean, I miss my old 4 eyes, dont really see them much anymore.

It was my dad's old pro 5.0 car back in the day. He bought it as a demo back in 1988 and it's a family Gem. I have more pics I have to search for. Car has a R block strocked to 351 with a single 88mm turbonetics head unit, kooks custom manifolds, trickflow heads,custom cam, edelbrock intake with a 95mm wilson t body going back into the firewall with a big ice box in the back seat. Has a power glide, with trans brake... leaving at 3800rpms on a 325 drag radial it went 8.71 @ 160mph. Lots left in it to run low 8's but I lost alot of intrest in the whole just race car thing....

If I can't cruise it once a week to a local hang out it's not as fun. Eventually I will get back out with it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back