Impulse dyno trip

dsmx17

4x26.5 m/t ftw
Reaction score
Had some free time last night, so I called up my buddy Mike at Mid atlantic performance in richmond, Va. to see if he was free to do some tuning....

Mods: C&L street intake, SCT tuner and boomtubes.

First run was on Breenspeed 92 tune. (I'll ask him to email the files to me)

303whp 330ftlb (dynojet)

impressed to say the least.

Long story short, after 3 hours on the dyno, we did not make anymore peak power, just flattened out the curve to end around the peak output I brought it in with.

Mike and I talked in length as we were both baffled at how well the canned tune worked, as generally he is able to improved 7-10whp over canned tunes (including some breenspeed tunes).

The conclusion was.......im the shit at installing an intake. lol. But seriously brenspeed did very well with the canned tune.

Discuss.

07calspecial

forum member
Reaction score
I think canned tunes are getting better. My son's 06 GT was just put on the dyno at Fastlane in Benson North Carolina yesterday and with a JLT CAI and a canned SCT tune put out 305 rwhp and 318 rwtq. Needless to say we were quite pleased.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
+3 Cai and Ab's with 93oct tune, I netted 286rwhp 310rwt. Could it be a factory freak??

no longer a factory freak when you add an aftermarket tune...

i too think that sounds high. With intake, U/D pulleys, CMCV, L/T's, O/R H pipe, and axlebacks, i was making 316whp/340wtq with a brenspeed tune. My tuner was able to squeeze it out to 325/345 when all was said and done.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
i was there to see it, those were uncorrected numbers. Still SAE it put down 298/313, which is still very impressive

dsmx17

4x26.5 m/t ftw
Reaction score
i too think that sounds high. With intake, U/D pulleys, CMCV, L/T's, O/R H pipe, and axlebacks, i was making 316whp/340wtq with a brenspeed tune. My tuner was able to squeeze it out to 325/345 when all was said and done.

so what your saying is I should save my money on the extra mods. thanks for your input.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I think those numbers are spot on......

Everyone jumps in here and says it's "too high for his mods".....EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT!!!!!! This has been discussed numerous times.....

For example, my car with C&L Racer, o/r x, Flow's, UDP's and delete's made 317rwhp/340rwtq........That was with a canned Bama tune.....Doug flattened the curve out on the dyno, but no more power made....this was corrected....

Same day, same dyno session, my buddies car with the same mods with Stage 2 Thumprr's made 311/331.........

Who cares if it seems high to anyone....he had the car dynoed, his a/f is right....

Congrats man!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back