JDM still no tune

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
my nephews 09 is still at JDM with no tune.Jim sr. can't figure out why the car keeps leaning out at wot.I've been told that after a bunch of times on the dyno it still won't take the fuel.the specs are BBR 302 w/stage3 heads-650compcams-GT500 pump-60lbsinjectors-6lb lower&2.75upper-the car is really pissing off the owner.any ideas?

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Is the fuel pressure falling off?
MAF pegged?

Or is he adding fuel and the car just isnt taking it? I've seen that happen on a car and it ended up being a bad computer

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
My buddies car is being like that, and he is using a different tuner. Pump duty cycle is off the chart, and fuel pressure is low. That car is running twin GT 500 pumps and he is trying to make 600 wheel. In theory it should be fine, but for some reason it's not and no one knows why.

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
So twin pumps running flat out don't make the pressure/flow required?

Inlets to the pumps restricted?

Vacuum build-up in the tank?

Maybe time to rig fuel pressure gauges into the system at several points to look for pressure drops...this would narrow down the area with a pinched fuel line (or some other obstruction).

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
JDM say's they have tried everything,who knows if they are even working on it.the computer sounds like the anwser.I think he told me it won't take the fuel.JDM has been telling him tommarow for 3 weeks.they said it's not elec.or vacume or the fuel pumps

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing until my tuner found the problem. "Predicted Air Charge Protection" in the tune was still Enabled, and needed to be Disabled. Not sure if this is happening to yours.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I had my car tuned at JDM with a similar set up... 302 stroker, 127300 cams, 60 lbers, GT500 pumps...etc.

My car seemed OK, no leaning out, but I am only 535 rwhp on a break-in tune.

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
as of sat. and still no better.they put in new o2 censors,mass air and fuel pressure censors and still going lean.jdm said that it's fine at low hp but not up high.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
as of sat. and still no better.they put in new o2 censors,mass air and fuel pressure censors and still going lean.jdm said that it's fine at low hp but not up high.

Thats not what I want to hear from a guy who has had my car for a number of weeks.Any one of us could have told you that.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
that's a waste of money. have them return it and only pay for whats wrong. I played that game long enough.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my nephews 09 is still at JDM with no tune.Jim sr. can't figure out why the car keeps leaning out at wot.I've been told that after a bunch of times on the dyno it still won't take the fuel.the specs are BBR 302 w/stage3 heads-650compcams-GT500 pump-60lbsinjectors-6lb lower&2.75upper-the car is really pissing off the owner.any ideas?

Yea something was really screwed up with this car when it was put back together. We are doing the best we can with what we were given. Its really pissing us off too now!

Charley was here all day friday while we were trying to figure this out. The only thing that is left could be something electrical. We have replaced, and tried everything over the last few weeks and cant figure it out.

We would have liked to have this car out of here weeks ago but bottom line is it came here for a Dyno tune, which takes a few hrs or maybe all day but we spent 3 full days on it and it was still not getting fuel so we had to take it off. We had to get some other customers cars done so it sat untill this weekend, we've been working on it since. My father spent his entire memorial day weekend working on Charleys car.

We'll get it figured out its just that this cars problems started before it came here, and we were left with the problems to fix

Last edited:

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Sometimes I am beginning to think these cars are just too freakn complicated...

Jim... did you see the comment earlier about "Predicted Air Charge Protection" in the tune being Enabled, and needing to be Disabled...what the hell would that have to do with a car running lean at WOT?

You would think that if the "Predicted Air Charge Projectection" ...anything... would cause the car run fat rich? Yet with this enabled it seems to be making the car run lean... go figure...

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
Yea something was really screwed up with this car when it was put back together. We are doing the best we can with what we were given. Its really pissing us off too now!

Charley was here all day friday while we were trying to figure this out. The only thing that is left could be something electrical. We have replaced, and tried everything over the last few weeks and cant figure it out.

We would have liked to have this car out of here weeks ago but bottom line is it came here for a Dyno tune, which takes a few hrs or maybe all day but we spent 3 full days on it and it was still not getting fuel so we had to take it off. We had to get some other customers cars done so it sat untill this weekend, we've been working on it since. My father spent his entire memorial day weekend working on Charleys car.
just so we are VERY clear at no time in my post did I blame your shop or father for Charlies car.I only stated that you can't figure out the fuel problem and to ask others if they might have seen this problem before.and to get input.with all your fathers time and knowhow on the S197's if he can't figure it out I think Charlies in big trouble.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back