NMRA @ MIR May 4th to the 6th

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Just got home and looked at the pics and video. Looks good. It was great meeting some of you guys. Come on out and run with us at more of these events.

Last edited:

rayS197

Reaction score
Just got home and looked at the pics and video. Looks good. It was great meeting some of you guys. Come on out and run with us at more of these events.
Nice talking with you on Saturday. Very clean car!! I cant believe its still on the stock clutch and motor. WOW!!!! Good luck with the rest of the year. Same group should be at the MIR rental in October. Maybe you can make it to that event?

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
Sucks I didn't get to chit chat (read talk shit) with you clowns some more last weekend. I was having some pretty wild issues with the car and Saturday was the most stressful day of my f'ing life. All was solved(but not fixed) and ended up doing decent on Sunday. Well, it was consistently slow lol.

As for the 10's on a stock block Jason and ray, I think a littler wager is in order. Cause with all the shit I ironed out and data'd this weekend, I think im on the mark to make that pass by the Ohio race. First one to the tens (and backs it up of course) buys dinner at the fall rental?

Oh yeah I got my sway delete at the show for $59 total!! How sick is that!!

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$59? Was that frrom UPR? Was that the asking price or did you talk them down?
Did you install it in the pits or is it waiting to be installed?

rayS197

Reaction score
Sucks I didn't get to chit chat (read talk shit) with you clowns some more last weekend. I was having some pretty wild issues with the car and Saturday was the most stressful day of my f'ing life. All was solved(but not fixed) and ended up doing decent on Sunday. Well, it was consistently slow lol.

As for the 10's on a stock block Jason and ray, I think a littler wager is in order. Cause with all the shit I ironed out and data'd this weekend, I think im on the mark to make that pass by the Ohio race. First one to the tens (and backs it up of course) buys dinner at the fall rental?

Oh yeah I got my sway delete at the show for $59 total!! How sick is that!!

I have no issue with that wager the only thing is you turbo guys can turn up the boost above 9-10 psi on the fly. Im locked in @ 10 psi. The 10 sec pass should apply at the fall rental only. What did you discover on Sunday??

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So.....the first one to the 10's buys dinner or has dinner bought for him...?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no issue with that wager the only thing is you turbo guys can turn up the boost above 9-10 psi on the fly. Im locked in @ 10 psi. The 10 sec pass should apply at the fall rental only. What did you discover on Sunday??
You're not locked in at 10#, just buy a smaller pulley and belt and add it to your closet. :evil:

Earl

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
You're not locked in at 10#, just buy a smaller pulley and belt and add it to your closet. :evil:

Earl

You can get the pulley used and borrow a canvas belt from Reese. :) god know you don't want to borrow the belt from Greg! Two with one stone OH!

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
$59? Was that frrom UPR? Was that the asking price or did you talk them down?
Did you install it in the pits or is it waiting to be installed?

Yea it was from UPR. That was their advertised price! It's still in the trunk I didn't get it til 2 on Sunday when I finally had time to walk around manufacturers midway. Trying to run 2 classes makes for a very stressful weekend!

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score

Though you do prove a good point, you are already at 10 psi and there's no way in hell the two of us will run any more than 10. I don't care if you are buying my a lobster dinner or a diamond ring, I'm not blowing my shit up before it has too!

As for the things I've found:

First is I need new springs. I adjusted the panhard to move rear all the way towards drivers and used spring helpers to get the body away from the tires....Still hit on launch, just on drivers side now, so cj springs are on the way.

All of my control arms have the "street" bushings in them which I mistakenly ordered. Stallion suspension is sending me their new drag only bushings for everything. It's a new cocktail of poly they have engineered so I'm stoked to see how it feels in the car.

My plugs gapped out and needed to be pressed back down to .030.

Lastly my car would launch and dead hook, which had the makings for a 1.5-1.4 60ft, and then I would smash on the bump stops and it would unload the rear, which blew the tires off. This will be solved as well with cj springs and anti-roll.

And yes, has dinner bought for him(or her)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get that thing on already!

Did you already buy the CJ springs?

I have them and they did lower the car a little but the weight transfer is awesome!

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Good to see some of you guys down there this past weekend. We had a great time even with the breakage of my buddies Boss that we got fixed Sat night back here at the shop.

If there is anything you guys need just give me a shout.

JJ

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
Good to see some of you guys down there this past weekend. We had a great time even with the breakage of my buddies Boss that we got fixed Sat night back here at the shop.

If there is anything you guys need just give me a shout.

JJ

I saw it being pulled back to the pits. Broke the diff? Did it have the Torsen from Ford in it?

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
I saw it being pulled back to the pits. Broke the diff? Did it have the Torsen from Ford in it?

The first breakage was a driveshaft that twisted in half. (stock driveshaft) and then the second breakage wound up being two destroyed spider gears. This particular Boss has been raced from the day it was delivered and still holds the stock Boss record of 11.58 on DR's

We got it fixed that night and back to the track for him to race. He was 4th/5th in the points so thats why we wanted to get him back for first round.

JJ

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
Get that thing on already!

Did you already buy the CJ springs?

I have them and they did lower the car a little but the weight transfer is awesome!

I haven't purchased new ones because upon research I've found that they are just v6 fronts and bullitt rears. Well, I just do happen to have bullitt rears in the garage lol. I'm going to try to find some v6 fronts.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are different...the part numbers are different.

If you are looking for CJ springs-front and rear-contact Earl, I think he will be pulling his off and selling them.

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
All of them or just the 2010 cj springs? I was under the impression that the 07-09 cj springs were same spring rate and size as bullitts?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back