Planning to get a Supercharger

IcelandicMustang

Reaction score
Alright guys, im new here and i need help on choseing a supercharger or a turbocharger for my 4.6L 2006 GT.
Its a complete stock engine, it only has a Diablo tune.
I want a supercharger that is laying down a 450-500rwhp for as low price as possible but it has to be good quality.
Also do i have to change anything on my car when i get much power or what ?
:beer:
-Hilmar

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, im new here and i need help on choseing a supercharger or a turbocharger for my 4.6L 2006 GT.
I want a supercharger that is laying down a 450-500rwhp for as low price as possible but it has to be good quality.
-Hilmar

Kenne Bell 2.6. / thread

Oh wait/ you'll have to change everything because
stock tires and brakes will now suck
rear end will squat to the ground, so you'll need relocation brackets
stock drive shaft will smack the tunnel, so you'll need a 1 piece
front end will feel heavy, like you've got 100 extra pounds up there.. because you do.
belt will probably slip
belt tensioner will probably break
input shaft to tranny will probably break

good times

IcelandicMustang

Reaction score
Kenne Bell 2.6. / thread

Oh wait/ you'll have to change everything because
stock tires and brakes will now suck
rear end will squat to the ground, so you'll need relocation brackets
stock drive shaft will smack the tunnel, so you'll need a 1 piece
front end will feel heavy, like you've got 100 extra pounds up there.. because you do.
belt will probably slip
belt tensioner will probably break
input shaft to tranny will probably break

good times
Fuck, so what then ? is there now blower that you can put in and you dont have to change everything about you car ?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
:thud:

You're asking questions that have been answered thoroughly many times before man.

SEARCH.

We don't automaticaly handout answers here when someone is being lazy, such as your case. The Search Function works great, use it.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
dhMeAzK.gif

:roflmao: Fuck you, Frankie :nk:

I'm trying to be nice since some people here get really offended when I am doing something everyone should be doing. Granted, I speak more colorfully when I do it.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
:roflmao: Fuck you, Frankie :nk:

I'm trying to be nice since some people here get really offended when I am doing something everyone should be doing. Granted, I speak more colorfully when I do it.

:roflmao: I can change momma!!, I can change!!

xoxo

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Me, change, nah, I can pass out tampons though :evil:

Oh, and btw...

Why haven't any of you maggots realized this is in Tech?!?!

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Me, change, nah, I can pass out tampons though :evil:

Oh, and btw...

Why haven't any of you maggots realized this is in Tech?!?!

Ha ha funny story about my brothers high school football coach back in the day I don't remember what it was that made him do it but he did all kind of crazy stuff to motivate the players I think they lost to a rival school or had gotten in trouble doing something stupid can't quite remember but he made all
Players put
Them on their helmets the practice after he got
In so much trouble because most of the parents complained but it we pretty funny none the less

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
-Hilmar

First off this isn't a tech question on this forum. Moved to chit chat.

You can get by pretty well with a FRPP Whipple. Get the whole kit. It comes with a very good tune from Ford Racing.

You can also go with a Paxton or Procharger if you want a centrifugal supercharger. They are generally easier on the drivetrain than a positive displacement like the Whipple. They are also less money but you will need an aftermarket tune. Try lito on this board for a tune.

So now that you have a few suggestions go and search out everything you can about them. The Paxton will be the least amount of money and will handle what you want to do nicely. The Procharger will cost more but it's worth the extra cost. It's already set up as a blow through and it comes with a billet wheel compressor which means it can be spun to a higher rpm. It also has a 4.1 drive ratio vs 3.6 for the Paxton so it gets into boost faster.

The FRPP Whipple will be the most expensive. Try our vendor Tasca Ford for good pricing. It's a twin screw which means almost instant torque when you go wot. It's a lot of fun on the street and your drivetrain should survive just fine. The FRPP tune drives just like stock until you get on it. It starts right up and has good cold motor driveability. You can always upgrade it too. Over time you will need to upgrade the clutch but it doesn't have to happen right away. You will also want lower and upper control arms but that's it.

I've owned all three that I just recommended. One that I haven't owned but would buy is the Department of Boost kit. It requires a little bit of parts sourcing but saves a lot of money and will get you a safe 450rwhp for under $4000 with a tune. It uses a GT500 supercharger. PM Jason (gmitch) on this forum for more info. Some DOB builds should turn up when you do your searching.

Welcome to the forum!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You can put down 600whp on a dyno and never beat on it again it will last forever and you can brag to your friends about it.
Or you can blow it up at 450whp racing it, depends on what you do with the car.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back