Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe a new fuel cell, new Power Cell battery, race seats :)

I have a proposal for you Al....I just removed my front rotors/brackets to install the 5.0 rotors/brackets so I would have more stopping power as the 2005-2010's rotors are 12.4 and the 2011 and up are 13.2; the 2010's use the same caliper as the 2011 and up and I have been reading that the 2011+ guys are actually going back to the 2010 setup so they can run the 15"s skinnies on the front....I know you have 17's on the front already, would you be interested in my 2010 rotors/brackets/racestar 15's with front runners on them for your 17" fronts?

I know the 15" skinny fronts with the front runners-not the street tires-are lighter than the 17" skinny fronts, that would take weight and rotational mass off the front....

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Greg you really have been pushing the skinnies recently, maybe a nice set of jeans to go along with them?!?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^ go price 17" front weld RTS vs. racestars and you may have your answer lol

Why? Does Al have RTS's? If he is serious about weight the 15's on the front are going to be lighter than the 17's.

If he is using a more expensive rim than the racestar than obvioulsy there would be cash on my end.....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Greg you really have been pushing the skinnies recently, maybe a nice set of jeans to go along with them?!?

Nope, you have the corner on that market! And it has been proven over and over again that less weight means more speed..you would have been in the 10's a long time ago if you would have put 17's skinnies on the front vice your donks/dubs.

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
Why? Does Al have RTS's? If he is serious about weight the 15's on the front are going to be lighter than the 17's.

If he is using a more expensive rim than the racestar than obvioulsy there would be cash on my end.....

Ah that makes more sense, the Weld fronts are $469/each because the RT-S is a fully forged wheel. The weight difference between the 15" racestar and 17" Weld may not be material for that reason. What are the weights on the front racestars?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that Al runs the RT-S? Let me check the garage for how much the racestars with the front runners are.....

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
Yea well....... I got nothing. It was raining that day in the AM in Baltimore. Really didn't want to drive my car to the track in the rain.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
He said he was heavier since last race event, I always thought heavier cars did better in the rain!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea well....... I got nothing. It was raining that day in the AM in Baltimore. Really didn't want to drive my car to the track in the rain.

Man, I know what you mean..that weather was horrible and all that rain....uhhh.....yeah....about that.....:wtf:

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
We almost didn't make it down because of all the rain...

:confused:

808svt

forum member
Reaction score
Nope, you have the corner on that market! And it has been proven over and over again that less weight means more speed..you would have been in the 10's a long time ago if you would have put 17's skinnies on the front vice your donks/dubs.

Here is a pic of my new front's Greg. Got tired of the others rubbing when I turned. More like pizza cutters than tires.

002-4.jpg

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Welp. Car is headed to Richmond on Friday for a new McLeod, tune, service, etc. Didn't really want to spend my Friday in Richmond, but at least I'll have some cool shit to look at.

Back