Sinner....(Sactown F1R) build

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Good choice, I'm not a fan of the 550. They make great power but too many drawbacks on how I drive my car.

I went with mild blower cams and expected stock idle. I think I posted cam specs in this thread but I'll try to look them up and post.

Bullit Cams in Mississippi designed the cams for me.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Good choice, I'm not a fan of the 550. They make great power but too many drawbacks on how I drive my car.

I went with mild blower cams and expected stock idle. I think I posted cam specs in this thread but I'll try to look them up and post.

Bullit Cams in Mississippi designed the cams for me.

your car sounds great those cams have a really nice idle

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing new to report. Still waiting for clutch break in... A lot of parts were left at the shop I fired so we've been getting those sorted out as well

Raeko

forum member
Reaction score
Car sounds amazing. Hope you get it on e85 sooner than later. See what it can really put out.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Well a valve broke now while driving to break in the clutch. The top if the valve stem broke off where the lock goes.

At this point I'm leaning towards selling the car rather the fixing it. I'm
Waiting to get the estimate before I decide but I'm down putting money into this wreck.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Well a valve broke now while driving to break in the clutch. The top if the valve stem broke off where the lock goes.

Waiting to get the estimate before I decide but I'm down putting money into this wreck.

:wtf:

car-on-fire.jpg

THE END

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score

How in the hell did that happen?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
No idea.

Tear down might happen in a couple weeks or I might just dump the car. My wife wants to keep the car but want to burn it to the ground.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure but have to pull so much off the motor to remove the head that cost is going to suck.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Holy shit... what valves were you using? What kind of RPM? Lift and springs? I would take that valve and all the documentation to the valve manufacturer and say WTF???

Was this one of the valves affected by the previous follower and timing issue you had?

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Were they ground at the stem/end junction for better flow? Aftermarket? I'm getting a feeling that you had custom head work done.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
I had head work done and redone due to the last issue. I think I was told the valves were shortened but I'm not sure.... I don't know much of the details yet.

The cams are 525 lift I&E and the valves are stock steel exhaust valves and steel intake valves, all new.

Rpm never went above 3k

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I had head work done and redone due to the last issue. I think I was told the valves were shortened but I'm not sure.... I don't know much of the details yet.

The cams are 525 lift I&E and the valves are stock steel exhaust valves and steel intake valves, all new.

Rpm never went above 3k

Stock exhaust valves are Inconel. Sometimes the base of the stem is ground for better airflow. It also results in a weak point. I'm just wondering if that was done or if you were talked into aftermarket valves to replace the "crappy factory ones". IMO the factory valves are pretty good and don't need aftermarket replacements but even experienced head shops still do it based on their experiences with other manufacturers.

What was the last issue that the head work was redone to fix?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back